Wednesday, August 25, 2004

When It Rains, It Pours.

My mom woke me up at 8 in the morning. Too damn early. My eyelids were still droopy. The weather was perfect for just staying in bed. I just crawled under the sheets, ready to revisit dreamland. *ZzzZZz* "Gumising ka na! Baha na sa sala!" What the--?! "Ba't ngayon niyo lang sinabi?!" I immediately took all the books, magazines, bags, and gameboards out of their drawers and all electrical wirings off the floor. When I say books, that include some of my highschool books, my college books, and my pocketbooks. Magazines, meaning from Candy to Cosmo to Seventeen to A-teen to Preview to Pulp. And with gameboards, I mean, my Scrabble and Visionary plus my UNO stacko, UNO cards, and Boggle. Did all that in less than 3 minutes. Call it adrenaline rush.

I went out only to discover that the living room isn't flooded. Not yet. I always fall for that one. My mom's exaggeration. Argh! The gullible me. Well, at least I'm done with my stuff. After 15 minutes or so, the stench of flood started to fill my room. I stayed in bed and watched the flood transform my room into a 3-inches deep pond. Really disgusting. I wanted to watch some TV but I'm scared of getting Leptospirosis so I wrapped my feet with plastic and glided my way to the living room. It was fun, actually. Yeah, fun. ^_^

Despite the heavy rains and the thoroughfares-turned-swimming-pools in Metro Manila, classes weren't suspended for MapĂșans like me. Not until 3 in the afternoon. What were they thinking?! I mean, haven't they heard of the floods, the landslides, the suspended classes, the cancelled flights, and the closure of many offices due to the bad weather?! Even the government employees were sent home, for crying out loud! Aren't they concerned about the safety of the students?!

No comments:

Post a Comment