Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Longest Wednesday Ever

Wed 3:00am (PHT)
My alarm went off. Time to get out of bed but was still very sleepy. Snooze.

Wed 3:30am (PHT)
Snooze some more.

Wed 3:45am (PHT)
And some more. Haha. Well, that's what the snooze button is for, right?

Wed 4:00am (PHT)
As much as I wanted to hit the snooze button one last time, my mom barged into my room and reminded me of my flight. I got into a little argument yesterday with my dad and out of anger, I told him that they don't need to drive me to the airport. He said fine so I was a bit touched to find him awake having breakfast. I really thank God for my parents. :)

Wed 6:07am (PHT)
Arrived at the airport just in time for check-in. Got an exit row window seat for my flight from Manila to Tokyo. Got out once more to say my goodbyes and take cares to my parents. I had to act like I was in a hurry coz I didn't want to cry and go all emotional on them.

Wed 7:18am (PHT)
Boarded the plane bound to Tokyo. Lucky to be seated next to a Filipino. He talked a lot about his family, their life in Canada, the Philippine economy, politics... and then he lost me. Hehe. I had to think of something else to talk about. Like how he likes his eggs. Coz I like mine sunny side up. :)

Wed 2:00pm (JST)
Stopover at the Narita airport in Tokyo. Had to go through another security check. Then we waited about an hour to board our plane. I still had a window seat but it was no longer next to the emergency exit. The legroom was not really a problem coz I'm smaller compared to most of the passengers.

Me: "Ok lang naman sakin na mang-istorbo, wag lang ako yung iistorbohin."

Haha. That, I'm taking back. I really felt bad having to wake up fellow passengers just so I could go to the restroom. Hell, I even felt bad interrupting their movies! Haha. Note to self: Always, and I mean ALWAYS, get an exit row.

Wed 2:08pm (EST)
Landed at the JFK International airport in New York. 12 hours later, it was still about 2pm on a Wednesday. It felt weirdly cool, like time just stood still. Bought a box of donuts to get smaller bills. Walked around the airport while munching on my munchkins, trying to find the taxi queue.

Wed 3:10pm (EST)
Hopped into a cab. Handed him the address to my hotel.

Driver: "140 Washington St. between Albany and Cedar streets... There's no Albany street in..."
Me: "Huh? Hmm.. Just take me to World Trade Center, I'll look for the hotel."
Driver: "... Oh, Albany! Right. I know where this is.."


It was a long loooooong drive. Started to wonder if he really knew where we're headed. Roaming still wasn't working so I couldn't get in touch with anyone. Killed time by looking at the surroundings, watching people, and spotting never-before-seen logos. Five more guesses to unlock Level 11! Yay! Hahah.

Wed 4:46pm (EST)
Arrived at the Club Quarters World Trade Center hotel. The room is nice and homey. Hopefully not haunted since the building is right next to Ground Zero. Wah. Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts! There's cable TV, a fridge, a microwave, free water and free internet! Just enough to satisfy the first level of my hierarchy of needs. Haha.

First thing I did was to go online. Had to inform my loved ones that I've touched down safely and arrived at the hotel in one piece. They were bugging me to have someone pick me up from the airport. Told them that I could manage and I did! I'm sooo proud of myself! Haha.

Welcome to New York City! Welcome to my humble abode! For the next couple of weeks, at least. :)

2 comments:

  1. Weee! Finally, an update! More! Can't wait to read about the broadway experience ;))

    ReplyDelete