Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Fray Live In Manila


The long wait is finally over!! And thank God I was still able to catch Isaac, Joe King (Just have to say his full name every time. Hehe), Dave and Ben, collectively known as The Fray!

Got to our seats a few minutes before 8:30. Front act Moonstar88 was already at the middle of their set. Took a video of "Torete" but I accidentally closed the camera's cover while filming so the file got corrupted. :(

Isaac: "Give it up for the opening band, Moonrock88.. Moonstar88.. Moon-something.."

Hahah.
"And all at once the crowd begins to siiiiiiiing..."

Isaac didn't talk much and just belted out one hit after another. He would occasionally drop Filipino words like "Mabuhay!", "Kamusta?", and the ever-famous "Mahal kow kayow!" that would drive the crowd wild. Their set was a beautiful mix of the band's old and new hits; I could hardly put my camera down!

The Fray Setlist:
01. All At Once
02. You Found Me - Franz's favorite! :)
03. Turn Me On - Didn't know that Isaac also got the moves! Hihi.
04. Syndicate
05. The Fighter
06. Never Say Never
07. Ungodly Hour - Mesmerizing performance by Joe King! I've no video, though. My camera already felt hot so I decided to give it a few minutes break. I kinda regret it now.
08. Happiness - One of the very few times that Isaac talked. Hehe. Mentioned something about the rough summer that the country experienced, the torrential rain and the floods, about being sad and lost but smiling still. :)
09. Here We Are
10. Munich
11. Look After You
12. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
13. How To Save A Life
14. Over My Head
15. Heartbeat - Mi favorito! :) "If you can love somebody, love them all the same!"
16. Surrender - Isaac thanked everyone for a great show, Ben threw his drumsticks to the crowd, and they all left the stage. But there's no way they're gonna end the concert with a cover, right?
17. Be Still - The Big Dome echoed with the crowd chanting "We want more!". Isaac came back on stage and did a piano solo for this song.
18. Trust Me - The rest of the band returned on stage for this final song.

Franz: "Sayang, walang 'Heartless'"!
Me: "Walang 'Run For Your Life'"!


I overheard someone say she wanted to hear "Rainy Zurich" and I'm pretty sure almost everyone had other songs that they wanted to hear coz there's just so many!  Headed home with a concert hangover, a free poster and just like Mr. Slade... with much love! ♥

"Sometimes the hardest thing
And the right thing are the same."
--- All At Once, The Fray

2 comments:

  1. Waahhh.. meron pa ba? andito pa ba sila sa Pinas? sayang, huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Wala na.. 1night lng ung concert e.. Sayang!! Pagbalik nila ssbhan kita.. Hehe. ;)

      Delete