Friday, January 25, 2013

Excelsior!

Weekend starts Friday night. That's something I've recently learned from Candice. Hehe. So instead of just staying home after work, we went out for some food and some Silver Linings Playbook! :)

Killed some time at the World Financial Center. There was this beautiful Winter Garden with a grand staircase and a bunch of towering palm trees. And since it was already pretty late, we had the place to ourselves! Well almost, except for a couple of men who were trimming the trees. Hehe.

Steps away is the Conrad Hotel, which has a really cool lobby. The pieces hanging from the ceiling plus the couches create an ensemble of patterns splashed with vibrant shades of blue and yellow.

Dinner was at Shake Shack. It is the burger joint in the movie Something Borrowed where Rachel and Ethan would regularly meet for lunch. I actually couldn't recall seeing its name in the movie, so I browsed through it again just now and wow, talk about product placement! Hehe. Got a serving of fries and cheeseburger with all the fixings but got rid of the tomatoes and the pickles. It was a delicious experience and I love how their menu includes something for the dogs!

The Silver Linings Playbook was so dysfunctional, it was fun. I love Bradley Cooper, I love Jennifer Lawrence, and I love how their characters are a little bit odd and crazy. Okay, maybe more than a little bit. Hehe.

Sometimes, life will put you in situations where silver linings are hard to find. And during those times, you just have to create your own.

Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment