Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Fear Inside

This morning (6:10 am), my mom's voice woke me up. She was panicking. Her hands were shaking. My uncle called and told her that my Lola was having some difficulties in breathing. My parents went to their place and brought her to the hospital. I dunno if they did or an ambulance did. During that time, I was embraced with fear. There was nothing I could do but pray. I was begging God to save her, to keep her safe, to keep her alive. I fell asleep and woke up at around 10 o'clock. When I found out that my parents aren't home yet, my fear grew stronger. I wondered what's taking them so long. My imagination started to work. Morbid thoughts were slowly creeping in. After several minutes, my parents arrived. I quickly went inside the bathroom and started to take a bath. I was too scared to know what happened. I was just there trying to listen if my mom was crying. Coz if she was, I would know that the worst occurred. Thank God, she's not. When I finished taking a bath, I asked them what happened. They told me that Lola had a mild stroke and that she's fine now. But she needs to be confined in the hospital for about 3-4 days. Lord, thank you.

This reminds me. A couple of days ago, my dad almost got into an accident. He fell asleep while driving. I dunno much about the details but that's what happened. Now, we're all worried about my dad hitting the road alone. He told us that he was just too tired and sleepy and that was just the first time it happened to him. But if it happened once, it could happen again. Heaven forbid.

I don't fear death. I don't fear my own death. What I fear is the death of the persons close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment