Friday, September 03, 2004

Nun Of The Above

I left home with my parents at around 9:00 in the morning. After running a few errands (Popperoo, then Dino's school), we went to Galleria for an early lunch. They ordered a bowlful of Lomi. I ordered Lumpiang Shanghai. They ordered Buchi. And so did I. Ha! That sounded like a poem! ^_^ Nweiz, I emerged out of Chowking with a big tummy. I think I ate too much Buchi.

My mom and I went to National Bookstore while my dad deposited some cash. I came across books 3, 4 and 5 of the True Philippine Ghost Stories. I leafed through the pages of book 3 and was surprised with what I read: Nun of the Above by Katrina Salvador. Wait a sec. This is so not possible. I wrote this story! I can't believe they published it. My poorly-written, lousy story! The story I wrote ages ago! I read it and I dunno if I should be proud because 'twas published or ashamed because it's crappy. First, the words I chose were weak. Well, except for the title. Nun of the Above-- a story about a floating nun. I think it's pretty clever. Hehe! Second, it ain't scary. What's worse is that it was funnier than it is scary. It's a horror book, for crying out loud! Good thing Salvador ain't my real surname. Ha! I told my mom to read it and she was a little irritated coz I used a pen name instead of my real name. I argued by saying that Salvador is still associated with me. Somehow. It's my father's middle name! Then, she said that I should've used Banson. Oh okay. So, that was her point. Case closed.

I'm still thrilled about it. Just for the record, this is the third shit I've written that reached its way into the publishing house. The first was for a teen magazine. The second shit was for Pulp Magazine. And now this! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment