Sunday, December 25, 2011

[Project 365] Week 52

12.19.11
Day 353: Drift And Drive


My mom was driving with me sitting in the passenger seat. When we reached a T-road, she didn't slow down, made a quick turn, that sent the car drifting until it crashed into some parked cars. Everything started moving in slow motion. Heard the sound of shattering glass and a lot of screaming. I think some of it were my own. Asked my mom if she's ok. She responded with a weak nod before bursting into tears. Then she told me she's pregnant. My dream-mind raced with questions. How far along is she? Do we have enough money to support another kid? I thought she already hit menopause?! Forgot what my dream-self actually said. A resounding "Huh?", I suppose, coz that's how I would've reacted if it was in real life. Hehe. I offered to take the wheel from there. Then an ant bit me and yanked me out of my dream world.

...

What the hell was that?

12.20.11
Day 354: Three Stars And The Son


The tricycle that I rode on my way home was running with holiday cheer. Britney Spears' "My Only Wish (This Year)" was blaring from his stereo. He also had these little parols hanging by the windshield and a picture of Jesus nailed to the cross. A simple reminder of what Christmas really is all about.

12.21.11
Day 355: World Wide Wait


I was without an internet connection for almost two hours. Hopped from one table to another, trying to connect through their LAN cables. Saw this jeje shades on Inoy's table. It even had these crazy lights that flash and fade in three modes. Why he owns one, I dunno. Jejeje.

12.22.11
Day 356: Top Soul


Look what I got for Christmas! A new pair of sneakers! Oh wait, it's Havies!!!

12.23.11
Day 357: The Long And Winding Line


Had to secure an NBI clearance for my visa application. Roxie told me that as early as 5am, people are already in line even though they start giving out numbers at 8am. Decided to work from home so I could be at Robinsons Metro East before 6am. Well, that was my plan until I fell asleep at around 5am. Hehe.

Woke up a little past 6am to the crow of a rooster. Now that I think about it, I don't think we have roosters around here. Oh well. Texted Roxie to know how long the queue was. She told me that there may be about 40 people already in line.

Threw myself into a cold shower. Asked my dad to drive me to Robinsons. Wanted to at least be among the first 100. Arrived at around 7am. When the clock struck 8am, a number of people started complaining to the guards. I started to think that maybe, all assigned personnel were already on leave and we're just waiting in line for nothing. Good thing I was wrong. It was already 8:45am when they started giving out numbers. I was number 62.

After an episode of Lost Girl, a haha-larious episode of SNL and four chapters of Jennifer's Body, I was finally behind the counter for Step 1. The next steps (data encoding, finger scanning and picture taking) took place within an hour. I was expecting to receive my clearance when the girl behind the claiming counter returned my receipt with a red stamp that read: HIT. Shit. I had a hit! Somewhere in these 7,107 islands, someone has the same name as me. Weh, di nga?

Chris came up with a possible "bug" in their system that may have caused the hit. What? We can't help it! We're programmers! Haha. I approached one officer, explained the "scenario" to him, and asked if it's a possible "error". He told me that it's not how the system works. He also checked the records again and confirmed that I am indeed sharing my name with another person. Wala lang, gusto lang namin magmarunong. Haha.

Nweiz, I would have to wait for another two weeks before I could claim my clearance. Hopefully, the other "me" hadn't pushed drugs, robbed a bank, killed anyone or anything like that. Hehe.

12.24.11
Day 358: Corn Factory


What started out as a 252 KB JPEG file is now set up at StarMall Edsa-Shaw and is ready for business!

12.25.11
Day 359: Reason 4D Season


May we not forget the real reason for the season. Merry Christmas everyone! Happy birthday Jesus!

8 comments:

  1. merry christmas kringol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Corn Factory
    -Waw! Naging totoo na.. Hehehe... Sila yung may-ari?:p

    @Reason 4D Season
    - Merry Christmas!:*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Corn Factory:
    Hahaha. Shempre hindi. ;))

    @Reason 4d Season:
    Merii Kurisumasu! >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  4. re: NBI
    Robinson's Otis - less than 30 minutes lang! at bandang hapon wala ng tao... haaay sayang ang pagod ko dati sa Main.
    anyway, narinig ko dati na sa AKA/alias daw naghihit ang duplicates---(that's me as usyosera lang not as programmer, LOL) Merry Christmas Kring!---armie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh uu, nabasa ko nga yun s mga forum.. Effort nga lng puntahan. Tamad. Hehe.

    Gnun? E pero wala naman akong nilagay dun sa alias.. Naglagay ako sa nickname. Yun dn b un? Sa kringle pa nagka-hit.. Nyaha.

    Merry Christmas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Drift and Drive:

    Grabe napaniwala ako sa umpisa ha,,, nyaha. Buti nlng dream lng yun, hehe. Akala ko nabangga na kau,, and the pregnant thing nyahahaha!

    Anywas,,, HAPPY NEW YEAR sa inyo ni franz and to your family. Thanks uli sa mga gifts sa mga kids. Have a great coming year. Take care always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome! Sayang tulog yung mga bata nung dumalaw kami.. Hehe.

    Happy new year!! :)

    ReplyDelete