Sunday, January 01, 2012

[Project 365] Week 53

12.26.11
Day 360: Vapor X


Yey!! Finally!! My own pair of ice hockey skates!! I feel like I'm a glide closer to becoming Julie Gaffney in Mighty Ducks! Triple deke, glove side? Hehe.

12.27.11
Day 361: Blow The Candle Out


Celebrated Mico's birthday with a "Marikeño" dinner at Pan de Amerikana along Katipunan Avenue in Quezon City. I say "Marikeño" coz we learned that the person behind this uniquely architectured restaurant is an architect from Marikina and we had multiple orders of Waknatoy and Everlasting, which are known dishes in our city!

The facade is an inverted house with a rocking chair, a bicycle, and a Land Rover, all hanging upside down. Inside the restaurant, more chairs and tables were mounted on the ceiling for an interesting topsy-turvy view. The food did not turn our worlds upside down but were so affordable. And I'm talking carinderia-affordable at Php50 to Php200 per order!

Definitely coming back to try their breakfast meals and to take more photos!

12.28.11
Day 362: HMI Dinner


Dinner with Jeyps and Ate Rochelle at Fish & Co. Kailan kaya ulit makukumpleto ang HMI? Hehe.

12.29.11
Day 363: Movie Marathon


Second attempt for a despedida got cancelled again at the last minute. Ate Medi, don't laugh. Hehe.

Jhe, Loren and I met up at Megamall for an MMFF marathon instead. Of all the entries this year, I never thought I would watch the Jorge Estregan Jr. starrer movie "Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story". Though it wasn't as advertised as the other films, it surely piqued the interest of many after bagging several awards in the film festival including the coveted Best Picture award. And I never thought I'd say this but I actually enjoyed the film! There was a lot of gun-slinging action, Ely Buendia was in it, the scenes were artistically shot, and the entire movie was in crisp monochrome! I dunno, everything just seems classier in black and white. Hehe. My only beef was the miscasting of Jorge Estregan Jr. as Asiong Salonga who was supposed to be in his late 20s. I really had to squirm everytime he kisses Carla Abellana! Haha.

Next up was the horror movie "Segunda Mano". The scene where Angelica Panganiban was killed and where her ghost would appear crying for help was shot at the Marikina riverside. Thank God motorists don't usually take that road. Hehe. Kris Aquino's acting is pretty much the same in all her horror flicks. In a word: lame. Still don't understand how she became "Queen of Horror Movies". Nakakatakot: "Hoh!"

12.30.11
Day 364: Bagong Mukha Ng Piso


This day, on the 115th death anniversary of our national hero, may we all be reminded that not only does Pilipinas Gat Talent. But also, Pilipinas Gat Jose Rizal. Wehe.

12.31.11
Day 365: It Ain't The End Of The World


If it's true what they say that whatever it is that you're doing on new year's eve, you'll be doing the rest of the year, then I don't want to be curled up in bed, wrapped in warm blankets, with a runny nose for the rest of 2012. So as much as I wanted to just stay in bed while the rest of the world party like, like it's the end of the world, I peeled myself off my bed and joined my family in welcoming the new year at Eastwood City.

We arrived an hour before midnight. Gary Valenciano was already on stage performing his greatest hits. My parents wanted to get a good spot near the stage and under the night sky for the fireworks so we had to elbow our way through the crowd. Ugh. But Gary's dance showdown with Gab was worth all the effort. Hehe.

If they have a Ball Drop in NYC, Eastwood had what they called a Star Drop. The crowd began counting down from forty, which I found weird and tiring. Hehe. During the last ten seconds, I think the star got stuck a little and lost sync with the countdown. Again, the fireworks were nothing special. After the display, Gary V. performed another number before leaving the stage. A DJ started to spin, the crowd started to thin out, and very few started to party.

Me: "Sound trip ba ito? Bakit hindi nagsasayaw yung mga tao? Hindi pinapanood ang DJ!"

Whatever 2012 has in store for us, may we always hold on to His words and allow Him to fulfill His promises in our lives.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

A blessed and prosperous new year to all! ^_^

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year kring! Congrats on completing your project 365!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Happy new year din! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vapor X
    - Wooot!!!! Skating na!!!!:D

    @Movie Marathon
    - ba't ikaw lng yung nakatingin sa picture:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nkatingin din yang mga yan.. Sa mga butas ng kamay nila. Hehe. Gnyan itsura namin hbng ngwwatch nung segunda mano e.. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. heeeey i missed your blog :-)
    congrats natapos ang proj 365! yihhhi... namiss ko na kayo ang dami daming nangyayari...

    glad to be updated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hihi. Salamat! Will see u ba sa 18?

    ReplyDelete