Sunday, December 11, 2011

[Project 365] Week 50

12.05.11
Day 339: Mad Science


Been watching a lot of Ellen episodes via Youtube featuring Science guy Steve Spangler. His messy and explosive but fun experiments would make you want to put your lab coat on and be your own mad scientist at home (or your enemy's home)!

Here's a simple experiment. Grab a hair dryer, switch it on, then gently place a ping-pong ball on top of the nozzle. What do you think would happen? If you think about it, the ping-pong ball would fly out of the air stream. But according to Bernoulli's Principle, moving air exerts less pressure in a direction at right angles to its motion than still air does. Since the air stream from the hair dryer moves faster around the side of the ball and thus exerts less pressure than the still air on top of the ball, the heavier air pressure on top of the ball will make the ball FLOAT in mid air. Coolness!

Now we know how Criss Angel does his levitation stunt. A thousand hair dryers! Hehe.

12.06.11
Day 340: In The City


Reflections, lamp posts, light trails and a fountain. Taken at the intersection of Shoe Avenue and Sumulong Hi-way on my way to the office.

12.07.11
Day 341: Cuties


Disney baby cuties!

12.08.11
Day 342: Happy Sticks


Woke up feeling a bit under the weather. I guess I breathed in a mouthful of virus when an officemate deliberately coughed his lungs out inside the conference room. Add in the cold weather and I'm all curled up in two blankets. Had to call in sick for work tonight.

My mom asked if there's anything I wanted them to get me. I would normally ask for something sweet - a bar of chocolate, cake or ice cream. Surprisingly, this time I asked for California Maki. I dunno why. Hmm, I guess I just wanted to use my happy chopsticks. Hehe.

12.09.11
Day 343: Final Fantasy


This is how I would look like as one of the demented students of South Park Elementary. This is how I would look like as a yellow-skinned, four-fingered Springfield denizen. When Deriku showed me the Anime Face Maker Flash application, I wondered how I would look like as an anime character. Like this! Hehe.

I also gave my brother the link to this application. He was up until 6 o'clock in the morning and was able to create 21 characters from the different releases of Final Fantasy!

Mico: "Madami pa nga akong naiisip na gawin kaso inantok na talaga ako e."

Adik lang.

12.10.11
Day 344: Yodele Hee Hoo


Had our Western-themed Christmas party at John's house. The food went along with the theme - grilled pork, burgers and sausages. Needless to say, I didn't quite enjoy the food. Good thing there was a California Berry booth where I got my fill of fro-yo. There was no mobile bar so we didn't drown in weng-weng and blowjobs. Sayang. Hehe. The red wine mix was delicious but it's got no kick. The raffle prizes were grand - iPads, Macbook Air lappies and trips for two to Boracay with 50k pocket money! But for G1 employees, the chances of winning were slim to none. Boo!

The programme was much shorter this year coz based from experience, everyone just wants to party and drink. Hehe. Sadly though, when the programme ended, it seemed like the party ended as well. Everyone just settled into their group of friends, some even left. Unlike last year, I left the party early and sober. Felt that it just wasn't as fun as our previous parties. Is it me getting old, the company getting bigger, or there was just not enough booze? Haha.

But the bigger question that burns in all of us: Where's the loot bag?!

12.11.11
Day 345: Walkman


Ever miss the clunk of changing cassette tapes? Or the squeal of the Rewind button? Or the magnetic tape scratch when you simultaneously press the Play and Forward buttons? Then turn your iPod into an old-school walkman with the Cassette Deck MP3 player application!

Me: "Umiyak ka ba?"
Mom: "Halata ba?"
Me: "Bakit?"
Mom: "Naiiyak kasi ako kapag nakakarinig ako ng old songs."
Me: "Hahaha!"
Mom: "Oo nga! Hindi ko alam kung bakit."
Me: "Baka kasi nare-remind ka sa edad mo."
Mom: "Ewan ko sayo!"
Me: "Hahaha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment