Day 150: Complete Blood Count
Whenever I miss a dose of my medications, the rashes just come back. Worse than before, with a vengeance. So my parents told me to have my blood tested to see if I caught any viral infections. According to the doctor who read the results, my WBC and platelet counts are normal so we can rule out the possibility of a viral infection. It was most probably an allergic reaction, she said. Now that's a relief.
05.31.11
Day 151: Kung Po Panda
Watched Kung Fu Panda 2 with Dino while our parents had lunch with their friends at Megamall. The movie was really twice the awesomeness of the first one. It was action-packed and hilarious and I was shocked as much as Po was when he learned that he's adopted! I really didn't saw that one coming. Haha.
Decided to adopt my own Baby Po too! Got him, not from a box of radish, but from a box of Happy Meal! Isn't he the cutest?!
06.01.11
Day 152: Keep Off The Grass
Whenever I see a sign that says "Keep Off The Grass", I always have this urge to walk on it. Like I still have a tad of teenage rebellion within me. Most of the time I don't do it for fear of being reprimanded. But when I'm sure that nobody's looking, I step on it quickly. Haha.
Then I saw another sign that says, "Please Give Me A Chance!". Now that's something that appealed to my heart. It created a feeling of concern for each blade of grass. I wanted to give it a chance to grow tall and green that I did not even think about stepping on it for my own satisfaction.
It is through these simple signs that I finally understood the difference between Law and Grace. Law attempts to control our actions by means of rules, enforced by penalty. Grace controls our attitudes and actions by means of Love, without any penalty. Law commands but does not create a desire to comply. Grace commands a greater thing than Law yet it creates a desire to comply. Law appeals to Fear. Grace appeals to Love. Now wouldn't it be nice if we all lived by Grace instead of living under Law?
06.02.11
Day 153: Pull String To Stop
Tonight's my last night of covering for Jek in his project. By next week, I will be back on dayshift and I'm not sure if I want to. I'm gonna miss waking up without the alarm clock's annoying beep. And commuting. And working for just 4 nights a week.
06.03.11
Day 154: Among Thieves
This photo pretty much defines my day. Woke up at around noon, went online for a while, then played Uncharted 2 for hours and hours. After a long hiatus from my addiction to Final Fantasy VII and VIII, Nathan Drake got me hooked once again. Hehe. Read somewhere that Johnny Knoxville served as the model for Nate's appearance but I really don't see the resemblance. I think Nate is more like Gerard Butler and Colin Farrell rolled into one. Hihi.
Nweiz, I'm now walking the road to the fabled city of Shambhala, hoping against hope to recover the Cintamani Stone before Lazarevic does. Game on!
06.04.11
Day 155: Estrellas De Mendoza
The long wait is finally over!
Had our company outing and team building at Estrellas de Mendoza Playa Resort in Laiya, Batangas. We arrived just in time for lunch. Unfortunately, the food wasn't ready yet so we had to wait under the heat of the sun. And it didn't help that some of the staff weren't that accommodating to our requests. When the food arrived, everyone got in line. A bunch of flies swarmed around the food as well. Yikes. Why did we have to eat by the beach?!
After lunch, we went to a function hall for some activities. Not exactly our idea of team building, coz we usually have our activities outdoor. But the games were fun enough. After the activities, we were informed that kayaks and jet skis were rented for us from 3pm to 5pm. We checked into our rooms and immediately went to the beach. 'Twas my first time to ride both. Tried the jet ski with Derick. He first took the handlebars with me at his back holding on for dear life. Hehe. Then I tried to steer the jet ski myself and it was FUN FUN FUN. If I were rich, I would buy one and spend every weekend at the beach! Haha. We also tried the kayak for a calmer ride until Inoy created a tsunami of waves in our direction. Haha. All the fun made us hungry so we decided to have our merienda before jumping into the pool.
At around 5pm, the organizers asked us to gather by the shore for the amazing race. Scratched myself when I crawled in the sand and I had to tiptoe my way across the pool. Haha. Unfortunately, our team got eliminated in the spelling leg. Now we will never forget how to spell touché, daiquiri, rapport and repertoire. Haha. Good job to the newbies for organizing the activities! And thank God it did not rain. :)
06.05.11
Day 156: Under The Sea
Jhe, Derick and I agreed to wake up at 7am to snorkel. When Jhe's alarm went off, not a soul jumped out of the bed. Haha. Then I got a call from Ms.Nora asking if we would like to join them for snorkeling. They scheduled it at 8:30am and 'twas already 8am and we still haven't had our breakfast. Asked Jhe and Derick if they're still up for it then I texted Ms.Nora if it's possible to have it moved to 9am. Grabbed a quick breakfast of bacon and eggs. We also sneaked out several slices of bread for the fishes. Hehe.
I really find snorkeling super relaxing. I could stare underwater for hours and watch all them fishes swim around the seemingly endless blue. Funny how I found myself humming Enrique Iglesia's "Hero". Don't ask me why coz I dunno either. Haha.
Roxanne: "Kumakanta pa si Kringle!"
Me: "Hahaha! Naririnig mo pala!"
Roxanne: "Lumalabas dun sa tube eh."
Me: "Oo nga naman! Hahaha!"
Most were Angelfishes except for the lone blue fish that stayed deep. The corals were not as colorful and alive. But it was fun nonetheless. We were all enjoying ourselves that we didn't even notice the 2 hours that flew by! ^_^
aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... hinde ako kasama sa outing... *sad face*
ReplyDeleteowell... hmmm, let's have one again soon, hehe...
Unga unga.. Nakakamiss nga kau ni Kandisu e.. :(
ReplyDeleteTara, mg-outing tau pgbalik mo. Tas lalasingin ka namin.. Hehe. :P
bakit walang picture yung outing? :P
ReplyDelete-Rochelle
ay meron pala! haha.. tungek. hindi lang nagload kagad :P churi
ReplyDelete-Rochelle
Haha. Sori, sori matagal mag-load.. :P
ReplyDelete@Complete Blood Count
ReplyDelete- Allergic ka na sa Mcdo Nuggets... Hehe:p
i remember na-ER na din ako sa MMC for the same reason. super pantal pantal ako pwera lang sa face. and I remember chicken nuggets din ang huling kinain ko. uh-oh
ReplyDelete-Rochelle
Awts, so mei something talaga sa nuggets na hindi tanggap ng katawan natin.. Tau na ang maselan! Haha. :))
ReplyDelete