Sunday, May 29, 2011

[Project 365] Week 22

05.23.11
Day 143: Need For Speed


"You got a fast car
Is it fast enough so we can fly away?
We gotta make a decision
Leave tonight or live and die this way."
--- Fast Car, Tracy Chapman


05.24.11
Day 144: Hot Pink


Scented jelly belts litter just about every stall in Greenhills. They come in different colors and people are flocking to get their hands on this newest fashion trend. The vibrant colors, I get. But what's with the yummy scents? Would other people get a whiff of your belt when you pass by? Would you be smelling your waist? Would other people be smelling your waist? Ok, I guess that's not a pretty thought.

Nweiz, that's my hot pink jelly belt. And not only does it look like bubble gum, it also smells like one. Hehe.

05.25.11
Day 145: The Itch


It all started with a couple of itchy red spots on my neck. Then I felt my arms itch. Then my back. Then my legs. Next thing I know, my entire body is filled with rashes and I was scratching myself all over. Doused my body with some alcohol to relieve myself of the itch. To hell with dry skin! Haha.

I dunno how I got it. They're thinking it's because of the McNuggets that I ate. But I doubt it coz I eat chicken to the bones. Unless those nuggets weren't made of chicken.

Ugh, I hate it. I look like a fuckin' dalmatian. :(

05.26.11
Day 146: E.R.


Can't remember the last time I found myself lying on a hospital bed, let alone inside an Emergency Room. A cute (but gay-looking) nurse attended to me. He asked me what was the last food I ate and I told him I just had a bag of Kirei and chicken nuggets. Then he asked me what my allergens are and I told him that there's none that I'm aware of. Later, a doctor approached me and asked me the same questions. Then he told me something that made my heart skip a beat:

Doctor: "Iinjectionan kita ha?"

Waah. I'm not afraid of needles. But it's been so long since I had one of those stuck in my vein. And when I saw the nurse holding three syringes, I thought I was gonna faint.

Nurse: "Itong una kong isasaksak steroids, para..."

Everything he said after that sounded gibberish. I really didn't care what he was giving me, as long as it could rid me of the rashes.

Nurse: "Ito mejo mahapdi sa ugat. Mahihirapan ka huminga, pero normal lang yun. Kapag inantok ka, wag mo pigilan, matulog ka lang."

Oh-kay. After staying in the office for 12 hours, that last part is really not a problem. True enough, after a couple of minutes, I was gasping for breath. Felt like I was about to die. I looked at my arms and the red spots started to fade, just like magic. Then I felt a little dizzy or as Pacman would've said it, "Na-grugi aku". Hehe. Not sure if that was the medicine taking effect or my lack of sleep. Probably both. Closed my eyes and I immediately drifted away to Lalala-land. After an hour, the nurse shook me awake.

Nurse: "Talagang nakatulog ka ha!"
Me: "Haha. Night shift kasi ako e. Oras na talaga ng pagtulog."


Like I needed to explain that to him. Haha.

05.27.11
Day 147: Bringing Itchy Back


Yesterday, I was a given a shot of a pretty strong drug that magically made all my rashes disappear in an instant. The doctor also gave me some medicines that I should take twice a day and before going to sleep. Today, I didn't eat any nuggets. Did not snack on Kirei. But the rashes are back. And they're red and hot and itchy as a biatch.

Haays. Allergic ata ako sa night shift eh.

05.28.11
Day 148: System.debug()


What to do when you need to debug an error using a specific set of data but you're not allowed to edit your code to add debug lines? Hit the print button, sharpen your pencil, and pump yourself a full tank of brain fuel. Coz it sure is gonna be a long bloody day.

Printed 1463 lines of code to debug the two remaining issues for Opportunity. I feel like I'm back in college taking a written exam, simulating lines of code and tracking variable values on paper. My pencil's reduced to a dull point. It took me several hours just to trace a single issue, when it should've just taken me an hour at most. But according to Ana, it is release management so nothing we can do about it.

The first issue wasn't really an issue, just a business process that they missed. I already did some changes in the code for the second issue and I hope that solves it. *fingers crossed*

05.29.11
Day 149: Slow Down


Sometimes, we get so caught up about the future, about where we are headed, that we forget to enjoy where we are at.

This Life is not a race. It is a pleasant walk, a journey. It is not about getting ahead of everyone, not about crossing a finish line. It's about living each day to the fullest. So slow down. Savor every minute, every second, every fraction of a second. Take time to look around. Breathe in the beauty that surrounds you. Smile. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hindi ba umaalsa yung rashes mo?

    Try to take Kirkland's 1000mg Vitamin C daily. Yung sa akin kasi nawala dahil dun. And hindi na ako allergic dun sa mga allergens na nagpositive nung nag-skin test ako.

    Kailangan lang tumaas ung resistensya mo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yung una naging parang malalaking kagat ng lamok, nakaangat. Pero nung bumalik, pula pula na lang. Ah tlga? Tama, hindi na rin kc ako nakakapag-Vitamin C e.. At dahil jan, iinom na ako. Now na. Hehe. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete