Sunday, May 22, 2011

[Project 365] Week 21

05.16.11
Day 136: In The Middle Of My Ride


I'm breaking one of my self-imposed rules not to post entire lyrics of a song. I consider this my pick-me-up song and I've been playing it on loop. It expresses exactly how I feel and exactly what I need to hear. If not from a friend, at least from my iPod. Give it a listen. :)

~o0o~



THE MIDDLE
Jimmy Eat World

Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on
Just try your best, try everything you can
And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride
Everything (everything) will be just fine
Everything (everything) will be alright (alright)

Hey, you know they're all the same
You know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in
Live right now. Yeah, just be yourself
It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride
Everything (everything) will be just fine
Everything (everything) will be alright (alright)

Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on
Just do your best, do everything you can
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride
Everything (everything) will be just fine
Everything (everything) will be alright (alright)

05.17.11
Day 137: Lightning Strikes


It's been a night filled with tridents of lightning so I thought it's the perfect time to try and capture its beauty. Armed with my camera, a lot of patience and even more luck, I stood outside our house for several minutes hoping to get a decent shot. After about a hundred shots of darkness, I finally got this strike! Cool, eh?

I thought it was going to rain but not a drop fell from the sky. That means Thor just hurled his hammer into something. Or someone. I wonder what's happening up in Asgard... Could Loki still be alive?

"When the lightning strikes we fly
I'll drink my beer
I'll wipe my tears
Southbound in the sky."
--- Waiting For The Bus, Eraserheads


05.18.11
Day 138: When It Rains


Yesterday's lightning show was a kick-off to tonight's heavy downpour.

05.19.11
Day 139: Shades Ka Ba?


Nagdidilim kasi paningin ko kapag nakikita kita eh.

05.20.11
Day 140: Feeling Hungry?


Was talking to Jhe about Ate Medi's blog entry on cutting down unnecessary food intake.

Me: "Ginagawa ko ngayon ung nabasa ko sa blog ni Ate Medi. Yung kapag nagugutom, mag-tubig muna."
Jhe: "Still feel hungry? Yes? Haha."


Actually, yes. But our free lunch hasn't arrived yet so I had to fight myself against grabbing some snacks. Good thing I had to do some sanity testing, which kept my mind off my growling stomach for a while. After a number of passed items and a couple gulps of water...

Me: "Grabeng kagutuman na ito. Hindi na kaya ng tubig!"
Jhe: "Hahaha!"


Went back to my desk and caught a glimpse of a shiny silver pack caught between stacks of papers and notes. A strawberry/banana cereal bar from Thea! Checked the expiration date and I'm 2 days ahead of any molds. Hah! Shared the bar with Jhe and I swear it never tasted that good before! Hehe.

When Kuya Caterer arrived, the smell of food filled the office. And waiting for him finish his preparations felt like forever.

Me: "Kuya, anung food?"
Kuya: "Carbonara, Chicken Pandan, Seafood Kebab..."
Me: "WAW!"
Jhe: "GRABE! Nagulat naman ako sayo..."


Jhe is seated near the pantry and was shocked to find me talking to Kuya and checking out the food. She said she didn't even feel me pass by. Well, I guess the smell of food sent me floating towards the pantry, ala Tom and Jerry. Hehe. Everyone started flocking and falling in line, excited to get their food. Decided to grab a stick of Seafood Kebab while waiting for Derick's call to end. When his call ended, we finally had our turn to enjoy the food. I had Carbonara, Lengua Estofado, Chicken Pandan and uhh-- that's it.

Fine, I'll let you on a little secret. Promise you won't tell? While we were told to get just a stick of Seafood Kebab, and while I already ate my share, I shamelessly got myself another stick! And I know I'm not the only one. Hehe. Ssssshhhh!

05.21.11
Day 141: Grown Ups?


Onai is back from Singapore for his younger brother's 7th birthday. She's just here for the weekend and will be flying back to SG by Monday. Naks, iba na maraming pera. How about flying in for lunch this Wednesday? Hehe.

The party was filled with colorful balloons, party hats, parlor games and a famous clown. I never thought you could bring a McDonald's party into your home. Angaling. Hehe. Onai was so busy rushing around, I thought she forgot about us. Wehe. We were only able to sit down with her and catch up after the party.

As we talked about what has been going on in our lives over glasses of *ehem* mango juice, I couldn't help but sit back and smile at the thought that nothing has really changed. We still talk the way we used to talk. We still laugh at the same silly things. And most importantly, we still enjoy each other's company.

Onai: "Bakit ganon? Parang walang nagbago? Parang may pasok pa tayo bukas?"

Hahaha. True. Onai still has her braces on and she still squirms on her seat when she laughs. Noemi is still soft-spoken and demure. Abby still listens well (or at least she appears to be listening well. Hehe.) and still has strong gut feelings about a lot of things. As for me, I still laugh a lot and yes, I still say "tas" for "tapos". I guess we didn't really change. We just grew up.

Onai, Abby and Noemi, it was really nice seeing you guys again. Hopefully, nobody will be missing in action next time we get together. And that parinig goes out to Roxie, Jong and Alpha. Hehe. :P

~o0o~

We were seated in the balcony talking to Tita when Moochie went out to show his artworks.

Tita: "Waw! Ang ganda! Ito yung isa sa Monsters vs. Aliens noh?"
Moochie: "Hindi! Parrot yan!"
All: "Hahahaha!"
**Moochie walked away with his dreams of becoming a painter crashing down**


Lesson learned: Praise a kid's drawing but never EVER assume it to be something. Coz most probably, it isn't what we adults think it is. Just ask and let the kid explain it to you.

Tita: "Waw! Ang ganda! Ano yan?"
Moochie: "Parrot! Ito yung mata niya tapos ito yung pakpak niya tapos..."
All: "Oo nga noh! Ang galing-galing naman!"
**Moochie walks away with his dreams of becoming a painter skyrocketing through the roof**


05.22.11
Day 142: 4give & Celebr8


For the first time, Tito Arnel joined us in church and I thought 'twas kinda providential that the preaching was about Forgiveness. My dad and my uncle often disagree to the point of hating each other's guts. Everytime they argue, they dig each other's past faults, which fires up an already heated argument. Even in silence, even when they're not arguing, I could still feel an uncomfortable tension between them. And it's hard especially since we're living under the same roof. I hope today's preaching made an impact on them. Coz it sure made an impact on me.

God knows I am quick to forgive. Even when a person doesn't show an ounce of remorse, I still choose to forgive. But the problem with me is that I don't "forget". I put that in quotation marks because as much as I want to delete certain events in my memory, I can't. To "forget" means to treat the person who has done you wrong as if nothing happened. And that has always been a struggle for me. I can release a person from my anger but I cannot, with my own strength, release a person from the sin that he/she has done. And now that I think about it, it really doesn't sound like true forgiveness. More like "letting it slide".

I realize that we cannot rely on our own strength to truly forgive others. We need His strength and His grace to forgive others as He has forgiven us.

~o0o~

In other news, Tita Julie surprised Tito Manny with a little celebration for his 59th birthday. She prepared carbonara, waknatoy, garden salad and fruit salad. Did I mention that Tita is a good cook? I skipped the rice but I had two servings of carbonara and waknatoy. Waah. Sira ang diet. But I skipped the rice. Hahaha.

Tito Manny: "Ginutom yata namin kayo."
Tita Julie: "Parang hindi pa yata kayo nabusog ha."
Mom: "Diet pa yang mga yan sa lagay na yan."


Hahaha. Happy birthday, Tito Manny! :)

11 comments:

  1. Ganda ng entries... Hihih>:D<
    Buti at ok naman si papa at t2 arnel:-)

    @Shades Ka Ba?
    - Sino naman yan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wala naman, Galing lng sa topic sa RX at wala lng din ibang mapicturean.. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Grown Ups?
    - Bakit parang hinihila mo ung shirt mo kring? signs of growing up na din ba yan? hehe ^_^v

    aus ng mga pics. naks! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salamat! :)

    @Grown Ups?:
    Oo na! Oo na! Signs of growing flabby! Haha. Tse! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Acceptable naman reason ko eh. Hehe. Di pa nga ako pumapasok gang ngayon. Ubusan ng SL ito. :(

    June 26, 3pm. Birthday ni Sophie. Haha. Baka si Onai nman ang mang-indian...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inde lang ikaw ang naging flabby... mag diet diet na ulit tayo! katulad nung dati sa tsuki! red kamote ba un? haha XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Roxie:
    Aww, lagyan mo ng eye ointment. Mas effective un kesa s drops. 1 araw lng, tanggal yang sore eyes mo. ;)

    Heheh. Sabi naman nia, aattend daw xa, kht na nang-injan ka! Haha. Cla Jong b na-invite mo dn? Para naman kumpleto noh!

    @Jeyps:
    Di nga? Ampayat mo na kaya nung huli ka namin nakita. YAK! Yung red beet?! Halos isuka ko na yun nung kinakain natin. Hahah. Pero effective nga yung ginawa natin nun, ako biggest loser e! Hehe. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dapat nga pasok na ako ngayon. Kaso paggising ko kaninang umaga, mapula ulet mata ko! Haha.

    Wala pa akong iniinvite. Hindi ko alam contact numbers nila e. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magaling magaling! Haha. Well c Jong at Alpha lng ung nde ko alam ang contact number. Forward ko n lng sau.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At pumasok ako ngayon. Kaso pinauwe ako. Hehe. Starbucks tuloy ang bagsak ko.

    Alam ko yun pa din num nila, as of Feb 2010. Hehe. Sige forward mo na lang. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ayun naman pala. Nde naman nagpalit c Noemi. Bsta kei Abby yung Globe.

    ReplyDelete