Sunday, January 16, 2011

[Project 365] Week 3

01.10.11
Day 10: Painting With Lights


Been feeling a little off since I got back to work last week. Like I'm around people I no longer know. Sometimes, I don't feel like myself either. Things that once were, seem to be no longer. It's weird and it's sad and it sucks.

Been thinking a lot about the kind of life I wanna live, all the adventures I wanna have and all the things I wanna learn. And the more I think about it, the more I realize how short life really is. How a lifetime is not enough to experience it all. Makes me wanna live like the stars in the universe that explode with a bang. They have a short lifespan but they burn brightly before they die. I wanna burn brightly before I die. Whatever that means.

I think I wanna quit work and start living the LiFe. But in order to live the LiFe, I need to have enough money to cover all my expenses. And to have enough money, I can't just quit work.

I think I'm fucked up, am I?

I guess going on a two-week vacation can do that to you. Or am I going through a delayed quarter life crisis?!

"Life is not what I thought it was 24 hours ago
Still I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You
And I'm not who I thought I was 24 hours ago
Still I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You."
--- Twenty-Four, Switchfoot


01.11.11
Day 11: Going Banapples


Everytime I pass by both their branches in Katipunan, there's always a lot of cars parked outside. Everytime I pass by their branch in Ayala Triangle, there's always a lot of people waiting outside the little bakery/cafe. Today, we decided to check out why everyone's going bananas over Banapple.

Ordered slices of Myster-Reese's Pie, Coffee Toffee Roca Pie, and their claim to fame - the Banoffee Pie. Shared the calories with Meds, Jhe and Martin. All it took was one bite from each pie to understand why people are gushing over these sinful creations. Every bite truly is a little piece of heaven! =P~

01.12.11
Day 12: Citrus Sinensis


"Ngunit ang gusto ko talaga
Ay ang orange na dala mo sa iyong bulsa
Mukha kasing masarap
Patikim naman ng aking pangarap."
--- Orange, Parokya ni Edgar


01.13.11
Day 13: Happy Chopstix @ YakiMix


Had our project milestone at YakiMix in Greenbelt 3. 'Twas an eat-all-you-can buffet of Japanese, Cantonese and Korean food. Ms. Rhenee arrived first and was able to reserve a table for us. When we arrived, we immediately swarmed the buffet table. I had a happy plate of tempura, fried tofu, spinach, and more tempura. Then I got a plate of raw food for grilling - slices of beef, bacon-wrapped asparagus, squid, shrimp, crab sticks, and salmon belly. I'm no cook but I really enjoyed the grilling part. Not as much as the eating part, of course. Hehe. Nothing special about the desserts. But still, I helped myself to a scoop of ube ice cream. Fine, two scoops sprinkled with colorful toppings! Haha.

01.14.11
Day 14: Banapple Split


Another entry about food and another day to try out Banapple. But this time, we're not in for the cakes but for their breakfast offerings. I ordered their Creamy Chicken Pie served with chunky potato salad. The crust was a bit sweet and buttery and I love it. The chicken flakes was really creamy. My potato salad had more carrots than there were potatoes but I'm not complaining. Didn't know that the pie itself is good for sharing. Meds and I ordered separate plates and we both got to eat just half of our pies. Also bought an oatmeal cookie. Love it without the raisins! =P~

01.15.11
Day 15: Street Art


Found another alley brought to life by talented graffiti artists. This is one of the reasons why I enjoy walking the streets of my city. :)

01.16.11
Day 16: Crispy Pillows


A visit at Max's is not complete without an order of Veggie Lumpia Bites. Hmmm!

5 comments:

  1. @painting with lights:
    hmmm... hmmm.... uhmmm...
    am i one of the reasons why you are thinking of quitting work? ayoko ma-guilty, pero parang...

    ano ka ba, ganun talaga ang buhay,

    * change is inevitable

    * life is not too short - just enough (your time here is just enough, so spend it wisely as you can. kasi sa next life mo, hindi kna si Krngl.)

    * people come and go (but not totally out of your life)

    * quarter life crisis sucks (but you'll get over it, besides, you will not be 25 forever)

    * nandito ang mga friends, to help you, to annoy you, to join you, make you smile, make stupid things, make you cry, make you laugh - i enjoy mo lang lahat.

    * if you feel bad, then feel bad, tomorrow, try to feel good naman.

    hehe. chos!

    - mga payo ni ate medi -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, di naman.. Naiicp ko lng n andme mga mas makabuluhan na bagay n pde gawin sa buhay.. Kesa magtrabaho lng ng magtrabaho para kumita ng pera.. Yun lng.. Wont be quitting any time soon naman, kailangan pang mag-work e. :/

    Salamat sa mga payo ni ate medi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganda ng mga entries... Hehe:D
    Ipon lang ng ipon tapos mag-business tapos retire na... Heheh:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salamat! :)
    Tama, kailan pa kaya iyon? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note to self:
    "Don't work for money. Make money work for you."

    Salamat kei Ms. Rhenee sa mga salitang ito. Sa ngayon, iintindihin ko muna kung ano ibig niang sabihin. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete