Day 3: Paper Cuts
I used to have a number of blogs bookmarked that I read every Saturday. No, they're not owned by famous people (Well, most of it, at least.) and no, they're not about the latest fashion craze or the latest celebrity gossip (Though I admit checking out Perez Hilton once in a while. Hehe.) I read personal blogs. Blogs of ordinary people who write about the most mundane of things. People with stories to tell, people who write just because they love to write, people who write to express themselves because it's the only way they know how. People like myself, I suppose.
I forgot how I stumbled upon Pam Pastor's Nocturnal Angel but after reading a couple of her blog entries, I found myself craving for her writing, wit and humor. I dug through years worth of archived content. I even started buying Inquirer just so I could read her articles. That's me on full avid fan mode. Haha.
I know that she dyed her brother's hair blue on New Year's Eve some years back. I know that her mother had mistaken a vibrator for a massager and actually used it on her face. I know how much she loved, how much she was loved, and how much she was hurt when that love left their hearts. After reading 7(?) years of her life, she felt like someone I know. Sadly, just like most bloggers, it came to a point where she felt the need to keep things to herself. So she did what she ought to do. She killed her blog. She killed the Nocturnal Angel.
Got really excited when I learned that Pam - my favorite blogger, the person who inspired me to carry on writing - has a book out on the shelves. Right after office, with fingers crossed, we headed to National Bookstore to grab my own copy. And I never felt so happy to have Paper Cuts in my hand! Hehe.
I've long toyed around with the idea of having some of my blog entries published in a book as well. Though I've already gotten myself published three times, seeing my name printed on a book cover is a completely different kind of high. I guess that's what most writers dream of afterall. Wishful thinking as it may be, I wanna believe that I can. And that I'll do, eventually.
So while I contemplate sending in some sample chapters to *ehem* publishers, here's a peek of what I would most likely include in my *ehem* future manuscript. Haha.
The Craziness:
More On Being A Moron
Jacko Wacko
Breaking Wind
The Bitchiness:
Meany Me
Judge Not Lest You Be Judged
Silver Toes
The Heartbreaks:
Crash And Burn
Rain On Me
Cigarette Burns
The Trials:
Sink Or Swim
UltraElectroTragicPop
Separate Lives
The Realizations:
Emotions In Motion
Shouldn't Couldn't Wouldn't
Listen To What I'm Not Saying
The Random Thoughts:
Battered Fly
Reality Check
The Opposite Of Love Is Not Hate
01.04.11
Day 4: Back In The Box
What took so many days to put up, took an hour or two to take down.
Took this shot while zooming the camera in and out a plastic bag full of red and gold beads. I so love the motion blur it created! :)
"It's the season for being happy
But the reason is dead and gone
If the reason for being happy
Takes a backseat when the season's done."
--- Fruitcake, Eraserheads
01.05.11
Day 5: Nike Free Run+
I run free from the daily grind.
I run free from my self-sabotaging barriers.
I run free from the chains of worry and fear.
I run free from you.
I run free from myself.
I RUN FREE.
01.06.11
Day 6: Feed Me Candy
I'm done growing plants in my yard. Grew tired of throwing angry birds at green snorting pigs. Slicing fruits with my flaming samurai could get quite messy. So what do I do now?
Meet Om Nom. My candy-addict, cute little monster. I cut ropes; I outsmart spiders; Hell, I even defy gravity just to get the candy into its watering mouth! But seeing Om Nom munch on the candy with mucho gusto is definitely worth all the effort.
NGAAAA. Hmm, sweet. :)
01.07.11
Day 7: Sabi Nila
Sabi nila, malalaman mo daw kung sino yung mga totoo mong kaibigan sa oras ng pangangailangan. Yung mga panahon na hindi kayo magsa-saya, hindi kayo magtatawanan, pero alam nilang kailangan mo ng kaibigan, kaya nandyan sila.
May mga kaibigan kasi na kasama mong tumawa, pero hindi mo kasamang lumuha. May mga kaibigan na kapag kalokohan ang usapan, buong atensyon ang ibibigay sayo. Pero kapag seryosong usapan na, halos mamalimos ka pa ng atensyon. May mga kaibigan na alam na malungkot ka kapag nakasimangot ka. May mga kaibigan na alam na malungkot ka kahit nakangiti ka.
Sabi nila, malalaman mo daw kung sino yung mga totoo mong kaibigan sa oras ng pangangailangan. Tama sila. Kasi ngayon, alam ko na.
01.08.11
Day 8: A TOSH To Good Life
Had dinner at TOSH with Jeff, Ariane, Andie and my godchild Ahyie. Ordered mozzarella sticks and strawberry milkshake for the kids. But we ended up eating most of it. And they prefer rootbeer over the "pink drink". Hehe.
It's crazy how quick time has flown. Andie had already started school and Ahyie will soon be going to school too! Also learned a few things about them. How they would eat rice without the viand and pasta without the sauce. And that Ahyie has an open third eye. How she would see "people" who aren't really there. Like a man sitting on the stairs in their previous apartment. Or a bunch of kids when they drove by ULTRA, ground zero of the Wowowee stampede. Or the lady who was standing by my side as I ate my cream dory. Waaaaaaaahhh.
01.09.11
Day 9: Metanoia
"Kung iisang bagay lang ang alam mong gawin ng tama, e di gagalingan mo na diba?"
Watched RPG: Metanoia with Mico. The animation was impressive. Found it really amusing to see CGI renditions of a tricycle, a sari-sari store, and a mouth-watering plate of daing na bangus! Hehe. And the street games scenes were so much of an eye-candy too! Can't help but recall my batang-kalsada days. Hehe. The story was simple, yet inspiring. The voices of Zaijan, Vhong and Aga were kinda distracting though. They should've changed their voices a bit to help the viewers detach the actors from the characters. But all in all, as Zero would've said it, ASTIIIIIIG. \m/(-_-)\m/
send it kring! we've actually talked about this before, galing mo magsulat. don't contemplate, just send it hehe
ReplyDeleteHahah. Salamat! Cge, will work on it. :)
ReplyDeleteMei special mention kpa jan sa "More On Being A Moron". Hehe. :P
@Sabi nila:
ReplyDelete-- naku, marami ganyan! yung happy happy mo lng kasama,,, at madalas pde kpang pag-chismisan, ilaglag at gawing katatawanan at your back. Ibasura na mga yan.
-- haha, ako sa Tsukiden, na-encounter ko na yan.
@TOSH to good life
-- oist... me nkakalimutan kpa ytang isang poging god child mo ha, hehehe
Heheh. Nde ko nakalimutan..
ReplyDeleteSked natin some time this week kung kelan tau meet.. :)
@breaking wind: malamang nung sinulat mo yun, na uutot ka... or kakatapos mo lang kumanta, tapos...
ReplyDeleteyii...
la lang..basta :p
Uu, kaka-awitot ko lng nun e.. ^_^
ReplyDeleteI just checked "More On Being A Moron". Good times. Now I miss Ramnel.
ReplyDeleteAwwww.. Unga, nakakamiss na din ung adik na un. Haha.
ReplyDelete@Paper Cuts
ReplyDelete- Send mo yan sa Inquirer. Tapos ikaw na papalit ke pam pastor. :D
@Back in the Box
- Kala ko xmas balls... Hehe:p
@Nike Free Run+
- Nakataas pa kamay nyan habang kinukunan ng pic... Haha:p
@A TOSH to Good Life
- Unga bilis ng panahon. Baka sa sunod na kita sa kanila dalaga na... Hehe
- Pwede pala mangyare yun na yung magiging anak mo e mei third eye... Hmmmmm:-? Hindi naman siguro hereditary noh?
@Metanoia
- Hindi ako nakanuod:-(
@Paper Cuts:
ReplyDeleteHaha. Idol ko yun e. ASA.
@Nike Free Run+
Xempre, kelangan mag-balance.. Hehe.
@A TOSH to Good Life
Hmm, mukhang di naman xa hereditary..
@Metanoia:
DVD n lng. Hehe.
Can I borrow the book? As soon as you're done reading it. :)
ReplyDeleteSureness, finish na ako.. But I could get you your own copy if you want ^_^
ReplyDelete