The morning of 2008 started with me waking up from a dream. Just like my other dreams, it had a celebrity guest appearance. Heart Evangelista and Jericho Rosales were in it. Hehehe. But my dream was no love story. No Panday battling fire-breathing dragons to save his damsel in distress. And there was no Eden waiting for her knight in maroon sando. Nyahaha.
My 2nd year higschool classmates and my officemates were out on a summer trip. I was snapping pictures of myself when I captured a shot where my dead grandfather appeared beside me. He was wearing a blue, white and green striped shirt, just like what my little brother wore when he was like two years old. But what is really worth mentioning is that in the photo, he was wearing a smile. Probably the happiest smile I've ever seen in my life. I was showing it to my friends when I saw him walking towards the restroom. I came up to him and asked why he showed himself to me. He simply smiled. I said, "Sige po, mag-CR na muna kayo." like he really needed to. Ehe. When he got out, he told me, "Dumalaw lang ako. And tell Heart to be careful."
Then, I woke up from the sound of my brothers playing Final Fantasy. I tried going back to sleep, tried going back to the dream. But words were already screaming in my mind that hushing them down was as impossible as Manny Pacquiao winning the Best Actor award in the Metro Manila Film Festival. I just had to roll off my bed and write everything down. I hate it when that happens. Oh well. Going back...
In that dream, I saw my grandfather again the way I remember how he looked. I heard him again the way I remember how he sounded. And I felt him again the way I remember the warmth of his presence.
I miss you, Lolo. And I'm still looking forward to that day.
cool site kringle. nice meeting ya at the fud tour.
ReplyDeletebetsy :)
Twas nice meeting y0u too! I wasn't able to access ur site. psychcafe.com. Did I get it right?
ReplyDeleteNweiz, I still can't blog abt d fud tour. ;-( my internet c0nnecti0n is still d0wn. System maintenance pa rin daw ang Globe. Am posting ds c0ment using my f0ne 2loy. Kainis. WAH.