Saturday, January 05, 2008

Housewarming-Cum-Christmas-Party

First, I had to meet Tita Julie at Sta. Lucia for the blueberry cheesecake I ordered. My mom told me that my aunt is always an hour late, so I told her that we'll meet at around 1:00 to 1:30pm while I planned to be there by 2pm. Five minutes past our supposed meeeting time...

*I'm way too cool for ya boy... That's why it'll never work...*
Me: "Hello?"
Tita Julie: "Kringle, saan ka na?"
Me: "Ay, papunta na po!"
Tita Julie: "Nasan ka na? Nasa bahay ka pa?"
Me: "Uhm, opo.."
Tita Julie: "Ganun ba? Nandito na ako Sta. Lucia."


Yikes! What a shame. So instead of taking two jeepney rides, I rode a tricycle all the way to the mall. When I got there, I wanted to tell her that it was mom's fault, that she told me to set an hour buffer, blah this, blah that. But what's the point, really? So I just said sorry for like ten times. Nyaha. Kahiya. >_<

Off to Megamall to meet Franz. I arrived at 3pm, right on the dot. The cake that I bought wasn't baked so I had to put it in a freezer to retain its form. I stayed at Bubble Tea where I ordered a large glass of Jasmine Milk Tea and asked one of the waitresses if I could have her chill the cake for me. It was taking Franz an eternity to arrive. I sipped on my drink as slowly as I could. I chewed on each bubble like a cow chewing on its grass. Sloooowly. One tiny bubble at a time. I think it took me about an hour to empty the glass. It took Franz that long to arrive. Tsktsk. Hehe.

Hailed a cab going to Cityland 8 in Makati. When we arrived at Ate Rochelle's pad, we just dropped our gifts and the cake and then we left again for Glorietta to buy some food and some more gifts. We got back several hours later. Julius, MJ and Ma'am Mitos were already there. And Tin too, but she left for a while. Ate Julie, Roney and JP arrived and not for long, Ate Lotis.

Again, a night loaded with food! A couple of KFC bucket meals, pizza, barbecue, cakes, and pasalubongs from Baguio and Naga! And not only were we loaded with food, we were also loaded with canned softdrinks! Hehehe. And of course, bottles of mudslide! Nice.

We then had our gift giving. Got myself a new Gaiman book, a Mickey charm bracelet, Mickey slippers, a cute drunken pony, Precious moments chopsticks, which came with a hair band coz you know I can't use the chopsticks without one (hehehe) and a box of chocolates! Thank you, thank you! ^_^

Funny thing is that we weren't able to do the things that people usually do at a housewarming party. We weren't able to pray for her pad, we weren't able to throw coins around or whatever other rituals that people do to draw positive energy into a home. And we weren't able to play even a single round of Pinoy Henyo! Huhu. Guess we were all busy eating, drinking and chitchatting. And as for me, I was glued into the boob tube watching Marimar and Coffee Prince. *toink* But I do hope that our presence exuded enough warmth to warm her pad up, in a figurative rather than its literal sense. Wait. Warmth to warm? Am I being redundantly redundant? Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment