Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Opposite of Love Is Not Hate

The opposite of Love is not Hate. Hate is Love pulled inside out. Hate is Love gone bad. Hate, just like Love, is a passionate emotion. So why bother hating when you no longer love? Well then, if the opposite of Love is not Hate, then what is?

The mere sight of your name used to stir a roller coaster of emotions inside me. Feelings of happiness, of doubt, of fear, of sadness, of anger, and of pain - just to mention a few, have gained hold of me everyfuckintime. But for the first time in a very long time, I saw your name again and I felt nothing. Your name now is no more than just a bunch of letters put together. Your name now means nothing.

I have loved you. And I am done hating you. Now, I don't give a shit.

The opposite of Love is not Hate. It's indifference.

2 comments: