Woke up at around 7am. Shook off the cobwebs of sleep for 15 minutes more before I finally got up. I was supposed to accomplish the forms needed for our thesis defense but since it's a holiday, I'm gonna shelve it for tomorrow. I just started working on our document but there are still three chapters that I wasn't able to finalize. Not without the PHP files and the database. I texted Ramnel three times to email me the files as soon as possible but not even once did he reply.
I started scratching the itch, that is reading Five People, right after I took my lunch. Stopping just to check my mailbox for hopes of receiving an email from him. Six hours later and I'm done with the book. But still no email. I wonder why.
Nweiz, after finishing the book, it got me thinking about this concept of heaven where you meet five people who have affected your life or whose life you've affected, in one way or another. They bring you back to the moment your paths crossed, reliving not just the environment but as well as the emotions that came with it. They answer your questions about life - why you lived and what you lived for. For a while, they become your teachers. The catch is, you can't choose who your five people would be. He may be an enemy, an old flame, a friend, a stranger. Anyone.
If this is what heaven is, I wonder who my five people would be.
Among the five people that were stated in the book/movie, I like the girl who was burned on fire. Does the book state that she is a Filipino? Hmm.
ReplyDeleteYes, it does! Actually, that's one of the reasons why I bought the book. And there were a couple of Pinoy words thrown!
ReplyDelete"Saya".."Bakya".."Sundalo"!
Haha! Who played Tala in the movie?!
some girl i dunno. hehe.
ReplyDeleteanyway, hope u can see that movie.
oh, tuesdays with morrie is another great book by mitch albom. have u read it?
Not yet.. but I will!
ReplyDeleteHave you?!
I’ve been reading the book for two years and three months but I haven’t finished it, yet.
ReplyDeleteIt proves that I’m really not a booklover.