I texted Opalyn earlier this morning to wish them a safe trip. But we ended up texting about him. I never thought my eyes could be that expressive. Coz no matter how much I try to erase every iota of pain from my system, it lingers still. Oh well. I was never an expert in picking up the right kind of mask and I guess I'll never be.
Our conversation scratched an open wound that still hasn't healed after all these years. And just when I thought I'm done crying...
Hey, get a hold of yourself. To dwell in the past is to die in the present.
How many times do I have to remind myself that?!
"I push my fingers into my eyes
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache
But it's made of all the things I have to take
Jesus, it never ends, it works its way inside"
--- Duality, Slipknot
No comments:
Post a Comment