The things I've learned:
-I used to be liberal when it comes to homosexuality. I grew up in an environment where g2g relationships are abundant and accepted up to a certain extent. But one of the speakers changed my view regarding this issue. God created every person in His own image and likeness. He has carefully planned everything out from the day we were born down to our dying day. So there is no such thing as a woman trapped in a man's body or a man trapped in a woman's body because part of His perfect plan is our sexuality. Though I am against this kind of lifestyle, I fully understand that I am not in the position to judge those who are "in-between" for He alone will judge them as He will judge me and everyone else in this world.
-Every person has his or her own valley of shadows. There's this shadow of temptation, shadow of fear, shadow of insecurities, and the shadow of poverty. And the first step to get rid of these shadows is to acknowledge their existence. Then, ask for God's help as you struggle to defeat them before they get the better of you and eat you alive. I personally have my own shadows to speak of. Much to my embarrassment, I've been lurking in my own valley of shadows for years. Half of me has died already and I'm sure more of me will die soon if I don't take action. So with God's grace and guidance I decided that it's about time for me to get the hell out of this dark valley and allow His light to shine on my life.
-I dare to be 100% pure. No need for worldly things, no need to do drugs, no need to smoke, no need to drink, no need for pornography, no need to engage in premarital sex, no need to do all that to feed my hungry ego for God alone is enough. MORE than enough.
After the ILC, we stayed at the Subic Bay Yacht Club then we headed off to the beach by noon. Though I'm aware that the afternoon sun will never do wonders to my skin, I still opted to bask under it. For one reason: I wanna come home with darker looking skin. Think I succeeded? Think again.
"But everything means nothing
If I ain't got You"
--- If I Ain't Got You, Alicia Keys
No comments:
Post a Comment