Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Back From The Grave

It's been quite a while since my last post. Contrary to popular belief, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. I just ran out of whatever that is that fuels me to blog. Which makes me think. "What is it exactly that fuels me?" Joy? Anger? Pain? Fear? Love? Emotions. All kinds of it. These emotions remind me that I am capable of feeling. That I'm human. And I keep this blog in order to express those feelings and keep myself sane. It has been my consolation from the numerous times I smiled when I should frown. When I stayed quiet and hurt myself in the process. When I heal myself and the wounds I have.

So, is it possible that I ran out of emotions? That I stopped feeling? That I was numb? Thus, making me a cold-blooded monster. ......... That's a scary thought. ......... Nah. I'm certain the emotions were there. Maybe the intensity just died down a little. Or maybe my need to blog went along with our phone and internet connection. Oh well. Phone line's back and I'm back living my own publicly private corner in cyberspace. I'm fueled by my emotions and I'm on full tank. So while I'm at it, I'mma let my fingers work.

:: A few days back ::

03.18.05
Mico graduated from the elementary level. After the ceremony, we gorged ourselves with pizza, pasta, and chicken at Pizza Hut. We then tightened some loose screws as we watched the animated film entitled Robots and unleashed the shopaholics within us after.

03.19.05
I failed to wake up early for the Computer Science Congress held at DLSU. I had to wake up at around 5:30am and meet up with Roxie at 7. Good Lord, I wasn't even alive during that time! Barely even human even at 9! >_<

03.22.05

Went to MapĂșa to file my reactivation form but Sir Betco wasn't around. Kuya told me to go back after Holy Week.

03.28.05

And so I did. But still, Sir Betco was nowhere to be found. Roxie and I then headed to KFC where the others await. We took a bus going to Batangas and burned butts for hours. When we reached the place, I was a little disappointed. Though it offers a perfect view of Taal Volcano, the lake is somewhat polluted with algae. So we just rented a pool and decided to head off to Puerto Galera in the morning.

03.29.05

Another bus ride going to Batangas Pier. We left the port at around 11:45am and rode a motor boat going to White Beach Resort. I thought I'll be able to spot dolphins and whales in the ocean but there's none. So I just closed my eyes as the waves cradled me to sleep. When we arrived at the resort, we immediately looked for a room to rent. Found one for Php4,000 for 3 nights. That afternoon, they swam, they climbed and they crawled while Roxie, Jane, Potpot, Yel, and I wandered the sands. Then, we spent the night under the sky talking about whatever came to mind until it's time to hit the sheets.

03.30.05

Since the five of us weren't able to do some mountain climbing and cave crawling, they decided to do it again. I've always loved climbing. Be it a wall, a rock, a mountain or a tree. The rocks had a different formation though like some sort of explosion frozen in solid stone. Even felt its jagged edges cut through my skin. Plus our attempt to build a sand castle was futile due to the aggressive waves. But it was fun nonetheless.

Roxie and I left the island at around 12:45 in the afternoon. Half of me really wanted to stay but the other half is dragging me back home. I really couldn't help but think about the text message I received from my parents the day before. It's just that they're not likely to do that especially when I've already left the house not unless something is up. Roxie was likewise worried about her dad's reaction... or the lack thereof. Since she paid for my motor boat ride to and from the resort, I owe her 290 pesos. I was planning to get some rest during our bus ride but Roxie managed to keep me awake. We ate, talked, and laughed our way home. When we reached Cubao, we decided to drop by Gateway and steal some shots. I love its interior! Very classy.


When I got home, I asked my mom about the text message. It appears that my dad was involved in an accident and the other party had some minor injuries that he had to take care of. And the whole precinct thing was not a pretty sight for my mom. What it had to do with me, I dunno. Heck. At least, everything's fine now. Well, except for my skin that is burning red and crying out in pain. Summer na summer talaga!

Me: "Dumeretso nga kami ng Puerto Galera e."
Mom: "Ha? Akala ko Puerto Azul lang!"
Me: "Ngek! Hindi noh! Ang saya nga e, beach tapos white sand..."
Mom: "Sus, nakapunta na ko don e."
Me: "Ah, ganon ba?"
Mom: "Tagal na. Dalaga pa ko. May dinaanan pa nga kami na nudist camp don e tapos..."


Needless to say, she had more kwento than me. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment