Monday, February 07, 2005

Magic Words

I was channel surfing a while ago when I came across Vic Sotto's movie "Si Malakas At Si Maganda" - the one that got me into trouble at a very young age. Vic Sotto plays the role of a man named Oyong who performs magical stunts by saying the magic words "ang na ang na su la ki sun su mas ki dot mo ko mo ko".

*A trip down memory lane*

I was in third grade then. I wrote these words in a paper and showed it to my seatmate. I didn't know what it meant, though. For me, it just sounded funny. I vaguely remember how it reached our adviser. All I remember is that she bent down, picked a crumpled paper off the floor, read it, then asked the class who wrote it. She looked mad so I had second thoughts about raising my hand. I really didn't understand where her anger was coming from coz for me 'twas just a joke. But thanks to my ever loyal seatmate for pinpointing me. The next thing I knew, I was missing my classes due to countless trips to the principal's office for the use of obscene language. My parents were also asked to go to the school several times. I could just imagine how embarrassed they were. My bad.

What's obscene about it? Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment