Finding a parking space was a bit of a challenge. Drove around the block several times without any luck. We almost gave up and almost decided to just grab a meal at Jollibee. Yup, that's part of our itinerary - to enjoy a plateful of Jolly Spaghetti and Chickenjoy! Haha. But it looked like the universe didn't want us to have our langhap-sarap meal. At least not yet. We took one wrong turn that later led us to LACC's parking area.
Entrance is at $25. While waiting in line, I saw Cloud Strife standing a few meters from me, wielding his big-ass Buster Sword! Fell in love all over again with my first ever RPG crush! I knew he would look just as gorgeous in real life! Haha.
We spent the entire afternoon watching all the cosplayers strut their stuff, checking out the different stalls selling all kinds of toys and artists showing off their impressive artworks. Michael Rooker, known for his role in The Walking Dead series, was also there to talk about his projects and then he did a short Q&A with the audience.
Most people in the event would just ask the cosplayers to pose for them so they can take their pictures. But there were some cosplayers who were either my favorites or who were simply irresistible (haha), that I couldn't help but jump in front of the camera and be in the picture with them! Hehe.
There was a special area in the hall that featured the costumes and props from the Iron Man, Thor, and The Avengers movies. A frozen statue of Heimdall, the different Iron Man suits, Captain America's helmet.. Everything was just Marvel-lous!
Another area that caught my attention was like a gaming station with vintage consoles the included the Sega Genesis! See I never really grew up playing dolls and cooking sets; I grew up playing this! Nostalgic!
And while I'm on this little nostalgia trip, these were the games that I played as a kid!
Before leaving for Universal City, we stopped by the Staples Center to have our photos taken. Because really, that's the reason we're even there. Hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment