Saturday, November 16, 2013

Eat, Laugh, Then Eat Some More.

Today we began our search for Mr. Donut and Ms. Croissant's love child, the Cronut. With Yelp's help, we were able to locate the nearest and highest-rated donut store that sells these famous Frankenstein of a pastry - Peterson's Donut Corner in Escondido.

Derick went for the pink beauty and I went for the white one. I took my first bite hoping for a foodgasm that disappointingly never came. What's worse, I couldn't even fake it. Haha. Sure, it had that unique texture but for me, it was just that - a croissant with chocolate frosting. I'd still choose my good ol' Boston Creme donut over it.

Our next stop was the National Comedy Theater in Downtown San Diego. For $17, we had a good time and so many good laughs! It was basically an improv comedy show, similar to the TV show "Whose Line Is It Anyway?". The performers were divided into two teams where they battled each other through games fueled by suggestions made by us... the audience! Everything that was happening on stage was unscripted. We provided the dirty details for each game, then they incorporated it on their skits. The host-slash-referee told us that if the show sucked, then there'd be no one else to blame but us... the audience! Fair enough. Haha. But I tell you, these guys are so talented that even if the crowd threw in some really lame ideas, they still managed to come up with something hilarious! And it was all clean fun! So glad I found them!

We then grabbed dinner at Boun Apetito in Little Italy. We had Linguine allo Scoglio, which is pasta with clams, mussels, scallops and shrimp in white sauce. We also had Costate d' Agnello, which sounds more complicated than it actually is... Lamb chops! Hehe. Then we finished off with a heavenly slice of Tiramisu for dessert! Lo amo! =P~

1 comment:

  1. belated happy birthday!!! -rellenong bangus

    ReplyDelete