Saturday, September 28, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

We went to Wesoloh yesterday to get Derick's car and I accidentally left our house keys in the service van. Good thing it was surrendered in the office. It would've been a real problem because one of the keychains has our address and apartment number on it! How convenient for someone to break in! Haha.

When we got hold of our precious keys, we stopped by Wetzel's for a bag of pretzel bites. I dropped my sunglasses while crossing the street and it almost got ran over by a car. I think the car just missed it by an inch or two! Whew.

It was time to hit the road to LA. We had no yellow brick road to follow, but we had Garmin to show us the highlighted route to Oz! Haha.

When we arrived at the Pantages Theater, there was already a handful of people waiting. Outside, the theater just looks like an old building but inside, its classic beauty was astonishing! The grand staircase, the chandeliers, the gorgeous ornate ceiling, the golden statues.. Everything just makes you feel kinda fancy. Hehe.

And since we still had a lot of time to spare... Haha.

We had pretty good seats. We didn't have a center view of the stage but we were quite near. I'm not that familiar with the songs except for Somewhere Over The Rainbow but I really enjoyed each and every performance! Danielle Wade, the girl who played Dorothy, was ah-mazing! Great acting and excellent singing. I'm still wondering how she changed from a blue dress to a green dress with just one quick turn. Seriously, what happened there? Was it the ruby slippers? The magic of Emerald City? Argh, I shouldn't have blinked! The Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion were both funny. I love them! Glinda the Good Witch reminded me so much of Rachel McAdams. I remember in Wicked, she first entered the stage inside a giant bubble. In this musical, she was wearing this big elegant dress as she descended from the heavens. She sure knows how to make a grand entrance! Hehe.

After the play, we went straight to Universal Studios. Little did we know that the "regular" park was closing early because of a special event called Halloween Horror Nights. It requires a separate entrance fee and was not covered by our annual passes. Didn't have the budget for that but we would definitely schedule this some other time.

Dinner at Bubba Gump in City Walk. Tried this Blue Hawaiian drink, which is basically pineapple juice with blue curacao and vodka. It was refreshing, but not without a kick. We also ordered some very very sinful dessert! A warm soft chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream, peanuts, hot fudge and whipped cream! One spoonful and I was in heaven!

In celebration of the 75th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz, McDonald's released these cute little Happy Meal toys! And I got to buy them without stuffing myself with fake chicken nuggets!

No comments:

Post a Comment