Called the Vista branch to inquire about their pricing and to set an appointment. The guy on the line told me that they do not do appointments and that it's hard to give an estimate without seeing the actual design. I really wanted to get a price range so I would at least have an idea. Didn't want to just walk in and walk away if it's way out of my budget. So I tried my best to describe the design. He said it would probably be around a hundred bucks, give or take.
When we arrived at the Vista branch, my hands turned cold. Haha. The guy in the receiving area was kinda arrogant in dealing with us. Probably coz we're interrupting his lunch or he probably thinks we're just a couple of youngsters with little money. Haha. Told us that the earliest available spot that they have is at 6pm. We could either wait or he could refer us to their Oceanside branch. He called them up and asked if they have any opening. Luckily, the other branch could take us in.
The shop in Oceanside was less intimidating. The front desk guy was very accommodating and was quite funny. Forgot to bring an ID so he just made me promise that I am of legal age. Haha. After signing the waiver, he introduced me to my tattoo artist, Julie.
I love the setup of the shop, the artists have their own curtained booth. Julie has a lot of framed artworks and she has this cork board filled with her sketches. Made myself comfortable in the chair as she prepared her stuff. When she turned the machine on, I realized how much I missed the buzzing sound of a tattoo gun. When the needle touched my skin, I realized how much I missed the "stinging" sensation. When it was over, I was seriously craving for more!!
Now that just made me sound like I'm addicted to it, but seriously, I am not. I mean, really. Nope, not an addict. Nuh-uh. Oh, bull. >_<
No comments:
Post a Comment