Now that we're full on fuel, we had the energy to explore the Gaslamp Quarter! Hehe. The streets were lined with bars, restaurants, pubs and shops and there were Victorian-style buildings that make for a good photo.
As the night wore on, the place transformed into an adult playground. And I say that in a good way. The vibrant lights, the loud music, the alcohol, the happy freaks dressed in glittery costumes prancing around like it's the 70's..
Walking is a great exercise and a much needed one at that, but we had to give our legs a rest. Getting a table outside the restaurants were almost impossible as most of them were reserved. After some time, we finally got a table at La Fiesta Mexican Cuisine Lounge. Enjoyed a glass of mudslide as we watched the world go by. Well, the people of the world to be exact. Hehe. Sitting there as different kinds of people walked back and forth like it's freakin' runway, I felt like we just upped our people watching skills to an almost professional level. Haha.
Right across the Gaslamp Quarter is the San Diego Convention Center. It was pretty lifeless at that time but I can only imagine how alive and exciting it gets during the annual Comic-Con! The cosplayers, the celebrities, the toys! And I still can't believe we missed that!
Los favoritos:
No comments:
Post a Comment