Saturday, March 24, 2012

Thank You MamSer, Camiguin!

Woke up with an effing stiff neck. Peeling myself off the bed was excruciatingly painful. To make matters worse, I felt like I was coming down with the flu. I guess the sudden change of weather from China's bitter cold to the Philippines' unbearable heat finally took its toll on me. Popped some pills with hopes of fighting off my impending fever. Requested for a masseuse to help ease the pain in my neck. She first worked on my back, saying that it was the source of my stiff neck, which was probably caused by my heavy bag and my poor sleeping position. It was relaxing before she began kneading my shoulders really hard. What little strength I had was running out fast. It was so painful, I wanted her to just stop.

Me: "Ate, dahan-dahan. Sobrang sakit, di kaya ng powers ko."
Masseuse: "Ikaw din ang may kasalanan kung bakit ka nasasaktan."


Waw. Sorry naman. Hahaha. After an hour or so...

Masseuse: "Igalaw-galaw mo na yang leeg mo. Masakit pa ba?"
Me: "Ok na, ate!"


Yes, it was better but quite honestly, I could still feel a tinge of pain everytime I move my neck. I just didn't think I could endure another minute of the massage. :(

The island tour started at around 9am. First stop was the Walkway to the Old Volcano and Stations of the Cross. A long flight of stairs greeted us but we all decided not to climb it. Not that we couldn't, but we just didn't want to get all tired and sweaty at the start of the tour. And I had a stiff neck, remember? Hehe.

Next stop was the famous Sunken Cemetery. A boatman offered to bring us to the cross for twenty pesos. He also directed us to pose for tons of creative shots! Sarap ng 20! Hehe. He told us that we could also go snorkeling if we want but the thought of jumping into the water filled with coral-encrusted tombstones didn't sound very appealing.

We then went to the Gui-ob Church Ruins. A small chapel was built where the church's altar once stood. There was also an old convent and an old bell tower. Or what was left of those structures, at least.

Arrived at Sto. NiƱo Cold Springs around lunch time. The moment our ride stopped, we were immediately surrounded by locals offering their menus. Picked one ate and ordered ginataang hipon and grilled fish. There were a lot of people inside and all of the cottages were already occupied. We were given a spot under a shaded area and stayed there while waiting for our food to be served. After lunch, 'twas time to test the waters. Actually, I wasn't feeling well enough to go for a dip but the crystal clear water was quite inviting. True to its name, the water was refreshingly cold. And I think it made my temperature cool down a bit.

Next stop was the Soda Water Pool where the water was supposed to taste like Sprite minus the sugar and the acidity. No, we did not dare taste the water in the pool itself. I tried drinking from the tap and it just tasted like plain water to me.

Then, off we went to Katibawasan Falls. Unfortunately, the water was chocolatey brown because of the recent rain so we weren't able to experience its raw power. We just took a couple of shots then we're gone.

The Ardent Hot Springs was a perfect destination to wrap up our tour. The water was warm enough to relax our tired bodies and was rather therapeutic especially on my neck. Sat directly under the gushing water and felt like all my body aches were washed away.

I would have to agree with most of the reviews that there's nothing much to see in Camiguin. Once you've visited its famous landmarks and springs, that's it. But then again, there's the Vjandep bakeshop selling cheap Pastel that I wouldn't mind visiting over and over again! Hehe. =P~

4 comments:

  1. Meron ding bakeshop sa cdo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. So kahit never na tlga ako bumalik ng Camiguin ;))

      Delete
  2. yaay i missed your blog! nice to see so many things here. shempre na miss ko din ang CDO trip, but its nice to see you really enjoyed the trip. :) haha bugsay!!!!!!! whooooo bugsay!

    at sayang hinde ko natikman ang pastel ...

    ReplyDelete