Friday, March 23, 2012

The Girl Who Was Supergirl


Traveled to Dahilayan Adventure Park in Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon. Again, thanks to Kuya Arman for arranging our transportation. Best guide ever! Hehe. ;)

We got the All-Rides Package that included three ziplines for 600 pesos. The first two were like teaser zips at 320 meters and 150 meters respectively. We were then transported uphill to a launch tower 4,500 feet above sea level for the main zip. It is known as the longest dual zipline in Asia at an 840-meter stretch!

There wasn't much of a briefing, so we just read the guidelines on our own for our own safety. Hehe. We were then placed in a Superman position, clad in a full body harness and a helmet. After some instructions on how to pick up speed and how to slow down, we were up and ready to fly!

Felt a bit nervous seconds before take-off, while I was just hanging there, realizing how high I really was. But when the guide released the lock and I started flying, I forgot all that and just enjoyed the ride. I was flying above an endless bounty of pine trees without a sprinkle of pixie dust nor a happy thought! Waah! But I was wired, of course. Hehe.

The cool breeze and the scenic view, heavily peppered with a screamfest by yours truly, left me absolutely breathless! The flight only lasted for about a minute but that was one minute I'd never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment