Sunday, March 13, 2011

[Project 365] Week 11

03.07.11
Day 66: Popcorn Hour


A bag of cheddar cheese popcorn from Ate Medi!

03.08.11
Day 67: Shadow Rage


The shadow proves that there is light. A shot inspired by Rage Against The Machine's The Battle of Los Angeles album cover. Lights out! Guerilla radio! Turn that shit up!

03.09.11
Day 68: S/N:x56972409313


Was on my way home when a flash of red light caught my attention. Being the curious cat that I am, I followed it through the woods and into a clearing where it swirled to a stop. With a hissing noise, a hatch opened and a form stepped out. I just stood there, stunned and numb, expecting to find myself face to face with a Kokey-looking creature. But I was wrong. Coz whatever it was, it looked human. And a good-looking one at that. It walked like us; It even spoke like us. It held my hand and a surge of energy coursed through my veins. I dunno what exactly it did to me, but I'm sure it changed something in me.

I was able to capture the red light seconds before it took off. Showed it to my parents but they told me it just looks like the bottom of my mouse. But I know better. I know the truth.

I am number six.

03.10.11
Day 69: Maskara


"Kung may problema ka
Magsuot ng maskara
Takpan mo ang iyong mata
Buong mundo'y mag-iiba."
--- Maskara, Eraserheads


03.11.11
Day 70: Living In The End Times?


An 8.9 magnitude earthquake struck Japan this afternoon. It triggered a massive tsunami that wiped out vast expanses of farmland, houses, buildings and vehicles in the coastal areas of Northern Japan. A tsunami warning was also raised in countries within the Pacific Rim, including the Philippines.

Watching a wall of water devour entire towns felt surreal, like I was watching a trailer of yet another disaster movie. Had to remind myself that we were watching CNN and that this is real life! And the probability of it happening to my country as well is very high, it's scary. Heaven forbid.

Can't help but recall the series of discussions we had at Church last year about the End Times, the Great Tribulation, the Rapture, and the Second Coming of Christ. In Matthew 24:4-8, Jesus told us that His return would be preceded by wars and natural calamities, which He likened to the birth pangs of a woman about to give birth, increasing in intensity and frequency as the moment of the arrival of the child draws near.

We often hear news about nations rising against other nations. For the past few years, earthquakes, floods, droughts, and other natural calamities have increased in frequency and severity. Other signs such as the rebuilding of the temple in Jerusalem, the appearance of the red heifer, the rise of Russia, etc. have been and are being fulfilled.

So are we living in the End Times? Perhaps we are. But I think the greater question is, are we ready to meet Jesus? If He were to come back today and rapture His Church, will you be taken or will you be left behind?

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
--- Matthew 24:36


God be with us.

03.12.11
Day 71: Under The Spotlight


It's been 3 months since I last visited my dentist. She placed a power chain on my upper teeth and now they hurt so bad. :(

03.13.11
Day 72: Stackers


Weeeee! I finally won a Mickey Mouse stuffed toy from the Stackers machine in Timezone! Ang galing ko! Ang galing ko! Hahaha.

8 comments:

  1. Yes... number six? Hehe:p
    Galing! Galing! Nakakuha ka na din sa stackers... Hehe... Naku! Mangingitim na naman yan... Haha:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah. Uu, bkt ba?! Ang hot e! Haha. :))
    Kaya nga, papalabahan ko na lng.. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. alam mo bang may bus akong nakita kanina yung likod niya may sign na... Jesus is coming on May 21, 2011... as in nakapost siya sa likod like the usual ads... parang movies lang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayy uu.. Nakita ko din yun, yung mei parang nakaluhod na tao sa baba ng hill.. Hmmm.. E well, sabi nga nila wala naman talga nakakaalam kung kelan un mngyyre.. Kung expected nila s May 21, malamang hindi yun yun.. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gusto ko nyan mickey mouse na galing sa loob ng stackers booth na gagastusan ko ng malaking pera at pag uubusan ko ng lakas para masakto ang cube sa tuktok...

    haaaay...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talgang pagkakagastusan mo ng malaki s Stackers imbis na bumili n lng s Toy Kingdom ha? Hahaha. Timezone tau pag-uwi mo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regarding the end times, yan din naisip ko mula nung napansin kong sunod sunod ang gulo sa ibang bansa tapos recently nga ang tsunami. More important than asking when the "end of the world" will be, is to ask ourselves "are we ready?" :P

    On a lighter note, gusto ko ng popcorn sa holy kettle corn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tama. Hindi din naman natin masasagot kung kailan e, pero we cud prepare ourselves for it.. Kung kailan man iyon.. :)

    Wahaha. Ako gusto ko ng Chef Tony's!! Or ung nilalako sa kalsada na color fink. Hehe. =P~

    ReplyDelete