Sunday, February 13, 2011

[Project 365] Week 7

02.07.11
Day 38: Up Up Here We Go


Just one of the many sensible conversations I had with my brother:
Me: "Kailangan ko lang ng time at space.."
Dino: "Space? Anu ka, astronaut?"
Me: "Haha. More like a rocketeer!"


And as the lyrics go, "There's a world out there that we should see..."

02.08.11
Day 39: Star Light, Star Bright


Derick has this really bright pocket light that we played around with at the lounge. Tried painting names and Mickey Mouse but all didn't turn out well. So we just did something much simpler. Hehe. Thanks Jhe for painting this radiant star! :)

"And every night I miss you
I can just look up
And know the stars are holding you
Holding you, holding you tonight."
--- Tonight, FM Static


02.09.11
Day 40: Purple Elepanty


Me: "Cge test ko."
Me: "Maglagay ako ng trigger sa account."
Cands: "Cge please."
Cands: "Then we have to face the elephant in the room."
HUH? Anu daw?

Why is there an elephant in the room? Is it there to vacuum the floor, the carpet and the cobwebs off the ceiling? Does it love peanuts as much as I do? How about I keep it as a pet? Pleeeaase? I promise I'll take good care of it, feed it and clean after it. Please let me keep it... I'll name it Ruckus. Ruckus the Purple Elepanty.

02.10.11
Day 41: TakipSilim


Had to free up some space in my camera's memory. Here's a shot that I took some months ago. Thought I'd post it here before I send it to digital heaven via my mighty delete button.

"Bukas sisikat din muli ang araw
Ngunit para lang sa may tiyagang maghintay."
--- Umaaraw, Umuulan, Rivermaya


02.11.11
Day 42: Twin Bears


These cute messengers were a tad too early for Valentine's. I'm not a bear person but when it came with a dinner invitation, I couldn't just say no. Nyaha.

Parking was very scarce at High Street so we decided to have dinner at Libis instead. When we arrived at Mom and Tina's, the place was packed so we just drove around Tiendesitas. Ended up enjoying sticks of pork barbecue and isaw amid a beer-toasting crowd. Kanpai! Hehe.

02.12.11
Day 43: PyroMusical Year 2


Watched the first leg of the 2nd Philippine International PyroMusical Competition. Grabbed something to eat at Big City. Wanted to have onion rings but it still wasn't available so we ended up with two large servings of fries. Yikes. While we were in line...

Selle: "Kringle!"
Me: "Uy, kamusta?"
Selle: "Buti ka pa tumaba ka na!"
Me: "Waw, thank you! Hahaha."
Selle: "Hindi, I mean sakto lang. Kesa naman dati ang payat payat mo!"


Ok, compliment accepted. Pero parang ayoko ng ubusin ang fries! Nyaha.

We then headed to the patron seats. Had no idea that dinner was already being served. Shouldn't have eaten the fries! Haha. The waiter served us almost everything from the buffet table. Haven't eaten that much in a long time!

At exactly 8pm, the sky was filled with brilliant lights and colors. Korea's entry wasn't that amazing. I was actually more amazed with the performance of the violinist before the fireworks. She played her instrument with so much passion. She even did a great job covering Freddie Aguilar's "Anak".

Sponge Cola took the stage after. The stage wasn't visible from where we were seated so we just listened to Yael's voice from afar.

Then it was Spain's turn to light up their fireworks. Their entry showcased some pretty unique fireworks and was in sync with the music. Especially loved the last few minutes. Without a doubt, Spain bagged this round! Muy bien! Hihi.

So happy to finally see Sugarfree perform live. So happy to see Ebe in person. Hehe. Just a little sad that it was one of their last few gigs with Ebe. Hopefully I get to catch their final send-off gig at Eastwood on March 1.

Didn't record any videos of the fireworks display coz I was saving my battery and memory space for these:

1. Kung Ayaw Mo Na Sa Akin - Cool how they mashed it up a little with Buttercup.
2. Prom
3. Batang-bata Ka Pa
4. Burnout - My most favorite Sugarfree song!!! I love it so much, I sometimes have it on loop on my way to work. Hihi.
5. Kwarto
6. Tulog Na
7. Makita Kang Muli - My next favorite song after Burnout. Never fails to remind me of Heart and Jericho. Haha.
8. Hari Ng Sablay

Thanks Franz for the tickets! Really enjoyed the night! :)

"Kung iisipin mo di naman dati ganito
Kay bilis kasi ng buhay
Pati tayo natangay
O kay tagal din kitang minahal."
--- Burnout, Sugarfree


02.13.11
Day 44: Mixed Tape


"I've got your mixed tape in my walkman
Been so long since we've been talking
And in a few more days
We'll both hook up forever and ever."
--- Moment Of Truth, FM Static

8 comments:

  1. ang ganda ng shot mo nung fireworks!!! ang galing galing naman ng cam mo!!

    balik ka ba sa sat?? gs2 kasi namin bumalik eh..

    here's the link for our pic pala..

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150390022655096&set=a.10150390013660096.628673.817300095

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi, salamat! :)

    Ako din, gusto ko din! Pero not this Saturday cguro.. mei iba ng mga lakad e.. Kpg nalibre ulit. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Star Light, Star Bright
    - San nakakabili nyan? Pano nagwwork yan? Ehe:p

    @Twin Bears
    - Hihihih... ^_^ Cute messenger = Cute sender:p

    @PyroMusical Year 2
    - Ur welcome baby!:* Really enjoyed the night too! Hehe

    @Mixed Tape
    - Sayang naman yung tape:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. uunga nakakapanglaway ang shot mo sa fireworks.... ikaw na may magandang cam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Star Light, Star Bright:
    LED light lng, tapos long exposure.. Gs2 ko bumili nung finger LED lights, ung ginamit sa Step Up 2. Hehe.

    @Mixed Tape:
    Naibalik ko naman iyan.. Pinaikot ko sa ballpen.. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ate Medi:
    Heheh. Salamat! Saya mgpicture ng fireworks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @TakipSilim
    Nice picture!
    san ka nung kinuha mo ung pic? hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! View yan sa office.. Hehe. ;))

    ReplyDelete