Thursday, September 27, 2007

Stuck In Reverse

We had a meeting a while ago, which I thought was just about our tasks and our much anticipated Baguio trip. Sure, we had those things settled but little did I know that neither was the meat of the meeting.

Not a week has passed since Ate Lotis left for Singapore. Now, Ate Rochelle announced that she would be tendering her resignation either tomorrow or on Monday. I was utterly taken aback by the onrush of events. Sure, I knew that this day would eventually come. But I really didn't expect it to be this soon. To say that the news made me sad is to put it mildly. Coz if truth be told, I am waaay beyond sad. Ugh! I dunno. First it was Tin and then Ate Lotis and now it's Ate Rochelle. Who's next? T_T

*Sigh* I will surely miss their company, the shared laughters, the kulitans, the playful arguments, the stories, the friday night gimmicks... I'll miss all of it. I'll miss all of them.

But just like what Ate Rochelle said, the friendship will not end the moment she steps out of the office (for good). Since she will not be leaving for another country, we could still carry on with the weekly nights of dining out. That is if our work schedules would allow it. Either way, I do hope that the ties that we've built as a team will not be made loose by the miles and miles of space between us. And I hope that I'm not just hoping against hope.

I just realized that for me, Tsukiden has become the wonderful workplace that it is not so much because of the work that I do, but mostly because of the wonderful people whom I work with, the people whom I spend 8 hours or more of my day with. And now that these people are slowly thinning out, I'm no longer quite sure if it's still worth staying. Scary thought.

3 comments:

  1. Oras na noh? Mag-self study kna ng Java! Hehe.

    Sayang umuwi na kau nung Friday.. Napag-usapan dn kc nmen ng konti ung sa VS e. Ehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Este, nung Thursday pala.

    ReplyDelete