Sunday, September 23, 2007

On To Greener Pastures

In a short span of less than a month, four of my project mates have left the company for a better deal - a better life, even. Two of them came from our team.

:: Tin Concha. Even before Tin became a VGS member, I already had the chance to work with her back in our NGN days. We were even teammates then. But not for long coz I was transferred to VGS a month later. Needless to say, we didn't become good friends at that time. Not until she was transferred to our project and became my seatmate. Since then, she became a friend and a confidante to me. She's one of the few persons in the office whom I can openly talk to about anything without fear of prodding a raised eyebrow or a leering smile. She helped me come out of my whirlpool of negative and twisted thoughts, which pulls me down from time to time. She bore with me even at times when I'm being complacently foolish. Or at least she tried to. Hehe. She trusted me with her stories. And so did I.

:: Lotis Lira. They say that first impression lasts. But with Ate Lotis, I beg to disagree. When I first joined VGS, I really thought that she was the snobbish and cranky type of person. Uhm... Well... Ok, she can get a bit cranky at times but it's not something that I can't put up with. Funny thing is that she also thought that I was snobbish and cranky. When in fact I was just being my *ehem* usual shy self. Hehe. She was my immediate superior then and I really found it difficult, if not impossible, to approach her. I kinda felt like there was this unspoken tension between us. I dunno. Nweiz, whatever it was, I'm just sooo glad it died down and was eventually replaced not just with barrels of laughter and good times, but with friendship.

An awful lot of people have resigned before them. I've heard a lot of them say their goodbyes and I've seen them walk out the doors of Tsukiden. But when Tin and Ate Lotis left, not only did I see them leave, but I also felt them leave. Maybe because I got used to having them around and I got myself attached in a way. Too attached, actually. Haiii, nakakamiss. T_T

Franz: "Di ka kasi dapat maging attached sa mga ka-team mo..."

Point taken. Oh well. As Ate Rochelle put it, "It happens". We all got left and we're all gonna leave this company at one time or another. And someday, it'll be my turn...

No comments:

Post a Comment