Thursday, January 27, 2005

Cracking Da Vinci's Code

I finally got myself a copy of Dan Brown's critically acclaimed and bestselling novel, The Da Vinci Code. Though the novel is wrapped in a purely fictional plot, it is also stuffed with loads of historical facts! I am about to discover the original meanings of ancient symbols, the unrevealed history of the Catholic Church, the reason behind Mona Lisa's smile, the hidden truths about the "Last Supper" painting, and above all... Leonardo Da Vinci's sexual preference. Yay! That, for me, is fun and learning rolled into one. ^_^

After reading the first 3 chapters of the book, I pictured either Tom Hanks or Russell Crowe playing the lead role (Robert Langdon) if ever there will be a screen adaptation. As I was surfing for the proper pronunciations of the words Louvre (loov), clef de voûte, and Sénéchaux... lo and behold! There IS a screen adaptation, which is actually slated to premiere on May 2006. And guess who's playing the lead? Tom Hanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment