Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Second Chance

*Sigh* The program I'm supposed to defend didn't run properly at the laboratory. At first, Ma'am Moja told me that I'll pass the course despite my failure to present the project. But earlier this evening, she told me the words that will haunt me for the rest of my college days: "Ay, mali pala yung computation ko sayo kanina. Bagsak ka pala sa lab." ...I was taken aback. I couldn't even muster a reply. To say "heaven came crashing down on me" is an understatement. It was worse than that.

When I finally regained my strength...

Me: "Ma'am, gumagana naman 'to sa bahay e. Dito lang talaga mei error kahit dalhin ko na lang yung PC ko tomorrow."
Ma'am Moja: "Hindi pwede. Ngayon ang deadline niyan. E ba't yung sa iba ok naman?"
Me: "Di ko din po alam. Ma'am, cge na po. Hindi ko talaga 'to pwede ibagsak. Ginagawa ko naman lahat e. Cge na po, payag na po kayo bukas. Promise, gumagana talaga 'to."


Our conversation went on and on like a broken record. I continuously pleaded for another chance, while she remained firm with her decision. After an hour of "pangungulit" and a lot of ass-kissing, she finally gave in. She gave me until 10:00am tomorrow to present the project. Thank God. Now I have to make sure that the program really does work on my CPU. The clock is ticking and I'm feeling the pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment