Saturday, November 13, 2004

Another One Ties The Knot


I dunno why I find it so difficult to decide on how to begin with this entry. I'm a little short with words. Oh well. I guess I'll just start with this:

Kuya Neil: "I, Neil Mendoza, do take Shirley Santos as my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."
Ate Shirley: "I, Shirley Santos, do take Neil Mendoza as my lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

Aww. It has always been my favorite part of weddings - the exchange of vows. I admire people who can utter words of commitment. I admire people who are ready to face forever. I may be wrong, but I guess most of us are ready to face love but are not ready to face forever. Coz forever is such a scary thought. There is always this fear of marrying the wrong person. And I'm happy for my cousin coz she was able to conquer that fear. Just a thought: How am I to know if he's "the one"? What if he's just pretending to be "the one"?

Nweiz, saw this on the net. I'm posting it for future use. Hehe! ^_^

???: "Kringle, I give you this rose. Because it grew from a tiny seed, becoming stronger and larger until it burst into flower, it symbolizes the way my love for you has grown. Each year on our wedding anniversary, I will give you another rose. In so doing, I'll remember this day and renew the vows we've made."
Me: "???, I give to you this vase of water. Because water is the one element without which we would perish, it symbolizes the importance of your love in my life. Each year on our anniversary, I will refill this vase, offering it to you as a symbol of my ever renewing love."
???: "Without water, the rose would die."
Me: "Without the rose, the vase of water would not be beautiful."
???: "My gift is enhanced by yours, just as my life is enhanced by you."
Me: "My gift is lovely because of yours, just as my life is better because of you."


Hmm, sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment