Saturday, February 04, 2012

Reaching Out In Zambales

Woke up at the ungodly hour of 3am. I'm not sure if I slept coz I went to bed around midnight and I think I saw the time every half an hour from 1:30 to 3:00 and was awake even before the alarm went off. Excited? Haha.

Then my mom, my dad and my brother arrived from an event at Sykes. Sakto.

Me: "Dino, papahatid ako."
Dino: "HA?? Anung oras na?! Pagod na ako!"
Me: "Grabe, violent reaction kaagad? Jan lang sa Concepcion!"
Dino: "Ahh.. Akala ko sa Makati e. Tara na."


Yown! Madali naman palang kausap. Hehe.

Good thing there's a Jollibee branch in Concepcion that operates for 24 hours. Had a cup of hot chocolate while waiting for Ms. Jaz and our ride.

Almost everyone was already at the office when we arrived. I think most of them, if not all, spent the night at the lounge. Started loading the donations, the loot bags, the food and ourselves into the service. It wasn't the most comfortable ride but since we were bringing a lot of things with us, we didn't have that much of a choice.

Stopped over at a McDonald's along North Avenue for breakfast while waiting for Loren. Shared the table with Mae, Yas and our driver, Kuya Bing. Found out that he used to be a stuntman and was actually Robin Padilla's double in one of his movies. He had to quit because his wife got jealous. Sayang ang showbiz career! Hehe. Now, he usually drives for celebrities when they go out of town. According to him, the last time was for Gerald Anderson. Nice!

Me: "Kuya, ngayon hindi man artista yung mga sakay nyo, mga artistahin naman! Hahah!"
Mae: "Kailangan talagang maisingit yun e! Hahaha!"


He carried on talking about his experiences as a stuntman, how he was there when Binoy got into an accident that left a nasty scar on his arm. Next thing we knew, he was discussing a vitamin that he's selling. Can't remember how the conversation got there but Mae was able to steer us away from all the sales talk. Hehe.

Our travel from Manila to Zambales was so bumpy; I was worried my internal organs were getting all mixed up. Coz I kinda felt my heart beating in my stomach. Wehe. Got a little lost on our way to the resort. Seemed like Kuya wasn't that familiar with the area and got all turned around.

When we arrived at Canoe Beach Resort, the kids and the elderly were already waiting for us. After some preparations, we immediately started with the programme.

Game 1: Longest Breath

"GlobalOoooooooooooooooooone"

One of the lolas sorta looked like Lola Soly. They had the same height, the same built, and the same short hair. I kinda rooted for her to win and she did! Hehe.

Game 2: Banana Eating Contest

The chubby kid won in this game. I think he was able to finish the banana in just three bites. Praktisado! Heheh.

Game 3: Quiz Bee

**Credit goes to Karen for these photos.

Woman: "Sumali ka na! Damit yung consolation!"

Couldn't help but laugh when I overheard this comment. Coz even I would pick the clothes over the medical kit. I bet anyone would! Hehe.

We also had a talent portion where we asked them if there's anyone who wanted to sing or dance. A 16yo girl, who looked a lot younger than her age, sang. And an Ate taught us how to Dougie!

Finally, we handed out the loot bags and the clothes, which perfectly ended the outreach activity leaving everyone with big hearts and equally big smiles. ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment