Day 220: IWillDoodle
Stuck in a boring conference call meeting inside a room with a whiteboard and a marker.
08.09.11
Day 221: Little Miss Piggy
Tuwing nagkikita ang mga magkakaibigan na matagal nang hindi nagkikita, marami ka naman pwedeng sabihin bilang pagbati. Pwedeng...
"Uy, ang haba na ng hair mo ha!"
O kaya naman...
"Uy, saan ka na nagwwork?"
O yung pinaka-simple...
"Uy, kamusta ka na?"
Pero bakit ang marami sa atin, ito ang napipiling sabihin...
"Uy, tumataba ka ha!"
It's so nice to see you too, motherclocker.
08.10.11
Day 222: Occupied
I feel like I'm taking up too much space...
08.11.11
Day 223: Fire City
"From up here the city lights burn
Like a thousand miles of fire."
--- Anthem Of Our Dying Day, Story Of The Year
08.12.11
Day 224: 3618
Went to DFA to have my passport renewed. With only a few hours of sleep, I forgot all about the requirements. Good thing there were photocopy machines inside the building. And thanks to my dad who printed my application form and brought my old passport with him. Haha. Ako na ang handa.
First step was the Appointment Counter where my reference number was confirmed. Then I went to the Processing Section where my application form and old passport were reviewed. Went up to the Enrollment Section to pay the renewal fee. Three steps done in under 30 minutes! I then took my number for the last step. 3618. Looked at the screen and it read 3160. Hindi naman karamihan. Haha.
After 2 hours, my number finally appeared on the screen. Went to cube 57 in the Encoding Section. Was a little irritated with the encoder coz he really doesn't type well. Naturingang encoder! Grrr. Hehe. I also didn't like how my photo turned out. I really looked like I could use some sleep. Oh well. ZZzzzZzZz...
08.13.11
Day 225: WeakEnd Work
Arrived at the office 5am. Just in time for the 5:15am call, I thought. Rushed to the elevator and found out that my security card wasn't working. I couldn't press any floor buttons, not even the button to open the door! Wah. Pressed the Emergency Button and told "Big Brother" that my card isn't working. Kuya assisted me but when I reached my floor, the door was locked! I totally forgot about the jammed finger scanner. Amp. Went back to the lobby in panic mode. Hehe. I first texted Gerald and Kaye if they have the keys. When I didn't receive any reply, I tried to call Inoy, Thea and Ms.Mai. No answer. So I just texted them instead. Turned out the Gerald has the key but he'll be in the office 6am. Oops, sorry na lang sa mga ka-meeting ko. Hehe.
Mitch: "I thought you guys decided not to show up!"
Me: "I wish I could! :P"
We started moving the schema 7am. For the first time, my IDE crashed on me. I was getting an error with the Java heap space. Kaye's IDE couldn't even get past the initial workspace refresh! Talaga nga naman. Increasing the heap size to its maximum worked for me but not for Kaye. :(
Attempted to move the smaller objects first. After an hour of waiting for my IDE to respond, it returned a failed status with the dreaded "Too many SOQL Queries" exception on four tests. Talaga nga naman. Tried to trace the test classes and triggers that were causing these errors. Found out that almost all of their test classes didn't have the startTest and stopTest methods, no doubt they're hitting the limits. I told Mitch that we could add these methods but we would need to study their code first. After hours and hours of trying to resolve the issues, they got hold of a developer from the Maintenance team. According to him, to fix the issue, I just have to tweak my user to bypass triggers that are heavy on queries. Oh-kay, that would've been a helpful tip like 6 hours ago.
I adjusted my user settings as suggested before trying to deploy some of the objects again. As a backup plan, Gerald started to create the new fields that we have added to the existing objects manually. Was crossing my fingers and praying to all Gods that the tweak would fix it coz we DO NOT want to go down the path of having to re-create everyfuckingthing manually in Production. Not only would it be tedious, it would also be too risky. When my IDE finally responded, guess what? Fourteen errors! From four to fourteen!!! Waaah. Talaga nga naman.
Me: "This is one bloody deployment. :("
Mitch: "Having fun yet? I told you. It's a mess..."
Me: "Can I quit now?"
Most of the errors were due to bad data - hardcoded IDs that don't exist in Production and sample data that do not meet certain validation rules. Kaye and I managed to fix the errors in no time. Naks! Hehe. Again, we tried to deploy the fixes that we did on the erring test classes. After 30 minutes, yet another error! This time, it was the total test coverage in Production not being up to snuff. The minimum requirement is 75% and currently, they only have 67% coverage! Talaga nga naman.
Mitch: "I'm tired. They suck the life out of me."
Me: "Same here. They're making me hate a job that I have enjoyed for 5 years!"
Mitch: "HATE is a strong word, but I hate them! And they're disgusting ORG!"
Me: "Hahaha!"
Eight percent seems like a small number but with the amount of custom code that they have, we don't know how much code is needed to at least reach the 75% minimum. They contacted some developers from the Maintenance team to help out with this issue. Mitch told us to pitch in an hour and then get some rest. When I received Tarak's email, he did not assign any classes to us. Before anyone could react, I quickly sent an email informing them that we needed to check in at the hotel and that we'll be back in 5 hours. KTHXBAI.
08.14.11
Day 226: Fail Younghusband
Our first attempt to deploy the project failed. The call was made 9 o'clock this morning. They had four developers from the Maintenance team working last night to bump up the test coverage. After working for 5 hours straight, they were able to increase the coverage from 67% to 68%. Kamusta naman.
Now that they've decided to pull the plug, we have to undo the changes that we did. Which really isn't much. Haha. We just need to remove user access to all the new fields that we've created and reassign all the users back to their original profiles.
Mitch: "Ok, let's get our ducks in a row."
Yessir! I gathered all the ducks I could find and had them lined up. And I was like, what the fuck? Is this what he meant? Wehe.
Project deployment failed. Ang saklap. Not just because of all the wasted efforts. But especially because we'll be working on the same shit again next weekend. Haays. Konting tiis pa. :(
@IWillDoodle
ReplyDelete- Ayan na naman yung alien na devil at angel. Hahah:p Very nice doodle!:D
@Little Miss Piggy
- Pano kung sinabi "Uy ganun ka pa din!"
@WeakEnd Work & Fail Younghusband
- Malala talaga yang project nyong yan. Naalala ko tuloy yung VGS days. Hehe
@Little Miss Piggy:
ReplyDeleteBetter pa rin kesa sa tumataba..
@WeakEnd Work:
Well, yung VGS naman.. Kahit OT ng OT, kahit nagwwork din tau minsan ng weekend.. Masaya naman kc madami tayo.. At mei OT pay. Haha.