Sunday, August 01, 2010

[Project 297] Week 21

07.26.10
Day 139: Totem


Theme: Roy G. Biv - Red.
Watched Inception last Friday and it was really an excellent mind-boggling movie. While it left so much to think about and talk about, this entry won't be a review nor a discussion of the movie's plot, or what I understood of it at least.

I was a looking through a stack of photographs. Baby pictures of me with my parents, me with my grandparents, me with people I could barely recall. And then a familiar voice pulled me out of the scene.

Woke up in the living room of our old house. It was 4am in the morning. My mom was preparing breakfast. Dino was all geared up for an outing. Mico's school service arrived but he wasn't home and nobody seemed to notice. We all fell silent for a minute. Waiting. For what exactly, I don't know. But we waited still. Mico arrived home from God-knows-where. He looked wasted. His hair was long and messy and he had this blonde highlights. And he looked a lot thinner. (Yeah, I just had to mention that. Hehe.) My mom asked him where he had been but he did not respond. Told him to prepare for school but he told us he wasn't going.

I was jolted awake and once again I found myself in the living room. It no longer felt like a dream. I thought I was out of my dream world. Until I saw my lola and my already dead lolo outside our house. Didn't actually saw their faces but I knew it was them. I was suddenly aware. I started counting the levels of my dreams and I counted four. Tried to notice any weird projections. Who is the Extractor? Who is the Architect? Am I looking at my projection of my mom or is she the Forger? I wanted to wake up. I closed my eyes really tight, tried to snap back to reality. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it. So I called my mom. I told her that I was dreaming and that she had to wake me up. My mom looked at me crazy. I told her that it's July 2010 and she told me that it's only December 28, 1938. I asked her to stick a knife on me. I begged my mom to kill me. She was worried about how I was acting. I told her that it was the only way I could jump back to the real world. She shook me so hard I thought my neck was gonna snap. Or maybe it did. And I was finally awake.

In my dream, I counted four levels. Now I could only remember three. I wonder, is this really my mom asking me if I'm reporting for work today? Am I really typing this on my computer at 6:30 in the morning? Is this my reality? Or am I stuck in a limbo? Without a totem, without a touchstone to the real world, how am I to know?

07.27.10
Day 140: Many Mini Magnet Mo


Theme: Roy G. Biv - Orange.
Midori magnet sets are cute miniature magnets from Japan. I remember back in Tsukiden, this is what most of us want as pasalubong. Almost every CPU is decorated with these little but powerful magnets. And we wonder why our computers crash. Hehe.

07.28.10
Day 141: D'Oh!


Theme: Roy G. Biv - Yellow.
The Simpsons is my second favorite cartoon series. Next to South Park, of course. Hehe. Homer isn't my favorite Simpson. But he never fails to crack me up with his funny and often stupid lines.

Homer: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

07.29.10
Day 142: Go Green


Theme: Roy G. Biv - Green.
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.

07.30.10
Day 143: Back Stitch


Theme: Roy G. Biv - Blue.
A nice back pocket embroidery is a must-have whenever I buy a pair of jeans. :)

07.31.10
Day 144: Identity Crisis


Theme: Roy G. Biv - Indigo.
So many questions in life that I still don't have the answers to. Questions like, "What is my purpose in life?", "Am I shaped by destiny or am I the shaper of my destiny?", "What came first, the chicken or the egg?", blah-bity-bloo-blah. But among all these, there's this one question that's been nagging me and causing me countless sleepless nights...

"What the @#$% is Grimace?"

I mean, really. In McDonaldLand, we have a clown, a thief who steals burgers, a giant bird, and a pair of pom-poms-looking "fry guys". But what the @#$% is Grimace? An Ube McFlurry? A purple Chicken McNugget? Or a grape-flavored extra rice? What the fudge??!! Haha.

08.01.10
Day 145: Lone Bloom


Theme: Roy G. Biv - Violet.
Destined to bloom alone in a sea of green.

10 comments:

  1. actually matagal ko na ring tanong kung ano si grimace :D buti na lang naglabas sila ng taro pie, at least pwede nilang sabihing isa syang malaking ube :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Totem
    - So totoo yung Inception? Hehe...
    sub-concious lahat yan... walang nag-plant ng idea... Ehe

    @Many Mini Magnet Mo
    - Unga! Ang liit pero lakas ng magnet... Hehe

    @D'Oh!
    - Favorite ko si Ashlee Simpson:p

    @Identity Crisis
    - Natawa ako dun sa "Ube McFlurry" =)). Sino yung pom-poms looking "fry guys"??

    @Lone Bloom
    - Magnificent!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dennis:
    Heheh. Nde ko nga matandaan ung taro pie e. Pero yan din ang haka-haka ng ofcmate ko. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::@ntonymous::

    @Many Mini Magnet Mo:
    Meron sa Hobbes and Landes!! Kaso mahal.. :(

    @D'Oh:
    Uyy, nag-joke! Har! Har! Har! :P

    @Identity Crisis:
    Ito sila: http://www.waktoys.com/images/Fry_Kids.JPG

    @Lone Bloom:
    Hehehe. Muma-magnificent ka pa tlga.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many Mini Magnet Mo

    Meron dito nyan? Eh hinihingi lang naman natin sa maga balikbayan.. Nyaha. Mahal din naman sa japan.. Mga 400pesos 4 na piraso. Ganu kamahal dito? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uu, mei nakita ako dati sa Hobbes and Landes. Wah! Tlga? Ang mahal din pala nia sa Japan. Hmm.. I think mga nasa Php500 ung set of 4. Konti lng difference..

    ReplyDelete
  7. rellenong_bangus8/04/2010 6:09 PM

    grabe,,, ang dami mo nlng post,,, its been a long long while! Waaahh!

    @totem:
    woaaahh.. na-carried away ako sa dream mo ha... para akong nanood ng Inception for the second time. It's good to hear that you have escaped from the stages of your dream.. :)
    We're on the same level now!,, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe. Dami nb? Nagp-post n ko ulit weekly. :)

    @Totem:
    Hahaha! Minus the action and the drama. Tlga? Naka-escape nb ako? Hmm.. Parang gusto kong paniwalaan na nasa Dreamworld p rin ako e. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just read your posts... ang galing mo talagang writer. Always interesting! hehe

    @Inception
    - Mukhang nagsink-in ng todo sayo yung movie at nagkadifferent levels of dreams ka. Although parang mejo scary yata yung dream in some parts haha :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Inception:
    Unga e, sobra lng cguro ako naaliw dun sa concept nung movie. Kaya hanggang sa panaginip e nde ako tinigilan. Hehe.

    Nyaha. Hindi naman ako writer! Thanks, thanks! Welcome back to blogging ah! At welcome back sa Pinas! :)

    ReplyDelete