Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Morning Rush

I am not a morning person. It takes six snoozes, my brother throwing a pillow over my face and my mom telling me how late it is before I get out of bed to go to work. During the weekends, I usually wake up after lunch. That's how attached I am with my bed. Hehehe.

But if there's one thing that I look forward to in the morning, it's The Morning Rush's Top 10 with Chico and Delamar. I tune in at around 7:20am for the bottom half of the second batch of entries for the day's topic. I listen to the top half of the second batch at around 7:50am and the bottom half of the last batch at around 8:20am on my way to work. The top half of the last batch of entries, I catch at the office at around 8:50am. Hahaha! Adik ako.

This morning's topic was "The Top Ten Signs that Your Boss Loves You or Hates You". I remembered Ate Rochelle mentioning something about what Mr. Masubuchi told her when she tendered her resignation. I think it was awww-worthy so I texted it in and to my utter delight, my entry landed at the top spot! Kinilig naman ako. Ahihihi. ^_^

Here goes a transcript of their two cents worth on my two pesos and fifty centavos worth:

Delamar: "And the top sign that your boss loves your or hates you comes from another no-namer."
Chico: "No-name says..."
Delamar: "Your boss really loves you when you file your resignation letter and then he tells you, 'Please don't leave...'"
Chico: "Awwww..."
Delamar: "Ohhh... So simple. So direct."
Chico: "Yeah, that's nice."
Delamar: "It's very nice."
Chico: "And that's heartwarming."
Delamar: "It is heartwarming. Because you understand that your presence counts a lot to someone. I mean, professionally."
Chico: "And the boss always has the upperhand. It's not an equal, it's not an equal relationship."
Delamar: "No, yeah that's true."
Chico: "It's not like husband and wife. The boss is always higher than the subordinate. So..."
Delamar: "Hahaha! Not husband and wife, who's always higher? The wife."
Chico: "None, none. It's equal, it's equal. So it's like when they say, 'Please don't leave' they go down from their high horse and then they go, 'You know what? Please don't leave...'"
Delamar: "Yeah, it's like 'I'm the boss but I need you.'"
Chico: "That's so nice."


And I couldn't agree more. Hehe. Give it a listen here.

8 comments:

  1. I agree... Very simple and direct...
    Un din ang pnaka-simple sa ibang ng send... ^_^ Sa2bhin din kya skin un ng boss ko... Hahahaha... :p

    -@ntonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Un din ang pnaka-simple sa ibang ng send..."
    Then it doesn't deserve the top spot! Nyaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wana hear my $0.02 worth? I think what they found simple were the words that your boss used. Not your entry. :)

    So, did she leave?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aun nga. Simply stated pero tagos! Hehe.

    Uhmm.. oo. :(
    Words are sweet but that's all they are. Nyaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! i did... i still left despite the sweet words. hehehe

    hindi ko alam nung una kringle kung ano ang dapat kong marinig dun when you asked me to listen. hehe. naka-ilang ulet tuloy, nawala yung excitement. ang slow kasi! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Gusto ko na nga i-off ung player non e. Nahiya na ako. Hehe.

    Ang sbe nio pa.. kaya ako kinilig kc parehas kme ng naicp nung nag-top na entry. Tas di ko na alam kung pano ko ssbhin na di gnon un, na entry ko tlga un. Nyahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehe the truth is kaya simple and direct kasi simple english lang talaga alam nung boss na hapon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nyaha. Unga naman. :))

    Boss, nasabihan ka dn b ng gnon nung umalis ka? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete