Friday, October 26, 2007

And The Song Plays On

Today is Ate Rochelle's last day in Tsukiden.

I woke up and 'twas the first thing that came to mind. Good thing I was texting Roxie at that time so I got to tell a living soul how sad I felt. In turn, she told me not to be sad coz we'll still be seeing each other anyway. But still, I couldn't help it. :(

Come 11am, we cranked up our messengers. Her status read "please remember... me". Told Roney, JP and Franz to PM her with "we will... :)". The plan was to simultaneously hit the enter key at the count of three. I think we did, but the lag time was pretty bad as usual. Her reaction was "Ang lakas mang-trip ah!" or something like that. I was a little saddened and a little pissed coz we really meant it, we will really remember her and we weren't just tripping. Oh well.

The afternoon briefing came and 'twas time for her to say her piece. I thought she'd simply say her "thank you's", but how wrong I was. She said a couple of things that hit home. Her voice even cracked at one point and Roney started to tear. I don't really cry in front of other people so, with all the strength I could muster, I swallowed hard and bit back my tears. Nyahaha. Andrama.

Nweiz, not having her around will surely be quite an adjustment for us. Usually, she's the one who strikes up the, to put it in her own words, "goofing around" at such crucial times making our overnights less dragging. Now I'm afraid that even the overtimes would be dragging. But I really hope I'm wrong. And as for me, since I entered VGS, we had six seating arrangements and I sat beside her for like four times. I heard her jokes, her stories, her laughter, and her music. And not hearing all of that starting next week would be really different and would take a lot of getting used to.

"Tsukiden has been my song for more than 3 years, with all of you serving as notes and lyrics. It will not be as melodious as this if not for you. As I start to sing a new song, Tsukiden will always linger in my mind... Wherever I go... Wherever I may be."

~o0o~

In other news, the CS department had a buffet dinner at Nagomi, which also served as our project's milestone-slash-kickoff party. The food wasn't great and it wasn't even an 'eat-all-you-can' buffet! Can you spell UNFAIR?! Amp. There goes our project's budget. Ugh.

Since we have declared this day as Chucks Day, our Chuck Taylor's took the spotlight after dinner.

Hahaha! What fun! ^_^

*Pictures to follow. Antagal iupload e. Hehe.

5 comments:

  1. As usual, I-wasn't-wearing-Chucks-SLASH-wasn't-around on Chucks Day! I think it would be better if I declare it by myself. My own Chucks day, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll really miss her too *sniff*... as for my Chucks, I think I need a new one. Haha! - Jeyps

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Roxie: Cge, declare ur own Chucks day. Tapos sbhan mo n lng kme kung kailan. Hehe.

    @Jeyps: Yikee! Lalo na cguro ung 2 nauna noh? Hehe. Joke lang. Pero seriously, nakakamiss nga. Huhu. Bili na ulit ng bagong Chucks!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. sabihan nio din ako pag may chucks day! ^__^V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo naman! Basta wag ka mag-TopStar kc aapihin ka na naman ni Roxie.. Hehehe. ^_^

    ReplyDelete