Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Waves Of Nostalgia

I accompanied my mom at St. Scho this morning to submit her proposal letter. Waves of nostalgia washed over me as I walked through the halls of my old school, the same halls that saw me grow up for 8 years. Long forgotten incidents resurfaced and phantoms of youthful escapades leaped out from behind every shrub on campus. I caught a glimpse of the playground and recalled the afternoons spent at the swing with my servicemates waiting for our service to arrive. When I turned to my left, I saw the grass area where I got myself injured for kicking the ball a little too hard. Then, there's the chapel where I said my morning prayers with Jong. The clinic that nursed me and gave me an awful lot of ammonia when I fainted. Then I saw my classroom when I was in my senior year and I felt my insides tighten a little for it produced a lot of powerful memories. Oh well. Too bad I wasn't able to see any of my former teachers. I was planning to say my thank you's sana.

Did I mention that I was in and out of the campus in less than 5 minutes? Just imagine what could've happened if I stayed a little longer.

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* Madae talagang nawala. I wonder kung sino pa ung matibay na andun. I've heard that most of them are new.

    I bet Ms. Sierra, Sir Pascual and Ms. Gabor are still there. And Ms Vallespin, too.

    ReplyDelete