Thursday, September 08, 2005

To Err Is Human

My lola is in my room now, bitching about the mistakes and the crooked beliefs of my parents, particularly my dad. Mostly regarding things that happened in the past. Though I've heard it countless times, I still force myself to listen. Simply because I respect her and I don't want her to feel ignored. But it gets irritating at times. And hurtful. Coz these are my parents we are talking about here. I hope she realizes that every cut that her words inflict in them, she unconsciously inflicts in me. And I just don't see the point in raking over the ashes. For me, whatever occurred in the past must stay in the past. We can't change it anyway. So what's the use? My dad may have screwed up, but isn't it normal? What's important is that he learned from his mistakes and he strived to become a better man. I just hate how she magnifies my dad's shortcomings and ignores the good things that he did for them. Hai. But don't get me wrong. Coz I still love my lola. As much as I love my parents.

Lola: "Puro yabang lang kasi ang daddy mo. Hindi porket matalino sha..."
Me: *shrug*

Lola: "Positive thinking? Di naman ako naniniwala..."
Me: *shrug*

Lola: "Ewan ko ba sa mommy nio! Andaming nanligaw sa kanyang iba..."
Me: *shrug*


That's all I can do. Shrug things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment