We went out today to explore the parks, the beaches and the beautiful people of Southern California!
Our First stop was the Seaport Village. It's a nice place to walk around. It has a nice view of the harbor and has a variety of shops selling some novelty items. Along the boardwalk, there were tables set up for local artisans, fortune tellers, etc. Also saw a guy with a flock of parrots and a balloon-twisting guy surrounded by kids. But what really caught my attention was this guy stacking rocks with an absurd level of skill and calm. Pretty impressive!
Lunch at Buster's Beach House. Ordered something from the ocean - a plate of coconut shrimp tempura! The shrimp was deliciously crispy and went well with the mango salsa but a bit too pricey. I could definitely get that someplace else at half the price.
Next was Belmont Park, which is a small amusement park. We didn't jump into any of the rides but we each played a round of hoops. Jhe won a stuffed monkey! Hehe.
Remember Neoprints? Those cute photo booths in Timezone that print your photos in little stickers? Used to have a board as big as a short bond paper filled with Neoprints back to back! Haha. Saw something similar at the park and decided to try it out. The design wasn't as cute, though. No hearts and rainbows and cute little ponies. But it made me feel like I'm 16 again! Haha.
Last stop was the beach!! It was a bit chilly down by the water but it seemed like we were the only ones wearing jackets. Duh, we're at the beach! Haha. It was packed with families, surfer dudes and bikini babes. While I don't think I could surf, being the non-swimmer that I am, riding the waves with a boogie board looks like fun! When is summer going to get here?!
My favorites:
No comments:
Post a Comment