The Grand Central Terminal is one of the most photographed landmarks in NYC, no wonder why. The ceiling is a mural of constellations with tiny bulbs that twinkle like stars. Probably the only place in Manhattan where I can see the stars. Any astronomy geek would notice that the constellations were painted backwards. Needless to say, I didn't notice that myself. Hehe. I actually picked that information up from the movie "Arthur". They say it's not supposed to be our view of the sky when we look up, rather it is God's view of the of the sky when He looks down. Hmm, clever. I excitedly jumped on the bandwagon and pulled out my camera. The flow of people was quite frustrating at first, but I later learned to work them into my compositions. Cumu-composition talaga? Haha. Took more photos when Candice arrived. This time, with my face in it.
Got so excited when we walked past the Whispering Gallery! Asked Cands to stand in one corner while I stood in the opposite corner dozens of feet away. Faced the walls and started whispering and it was as if we were whispering to each other's ear! It was soo cool! And I got it from the movie as well! Hehe.
Stepped outside to check out its facade. There's a clock with a really fine sculpture of Hercules, Mercury and Minerva. At midnight, they reach down and stop time and go out swimming in Hudson, cavort in the zoo and go to strip clubs even! Oh, the things I learn from the movies!
Stopped by the New York Public Library. Part of me wanted to step inside and browse through the collection of books and smell the aroma of the pages but another part of me just wanted to stay outside and snap a few shots. The latter won. Maybe next time. If there's a "next time". Haha.
A couple of steps away from the library is Bryant Park. Its centerpiece is a fountain that was a bit frozen but was still running. And there's also a skating rink! I think it's larger compared to the one in Rockefeller Center. And the skates look nicer, too.
My love for broadway musicals started five years ago with West Side Story. I fell in love with the perfect combination of music, singing, dancing, acting, storytelling and stagecraft. Caught a couple more shows since then and I'm just so elated that now, I got to taste the real thing!
Went to Gershwin Theater to watch one of the most pop-yuhuu-lar shows ever produced! Glinda was sooo cute and hilarious! She owned the stage everytime she's on it. I love her! Elphaba was just as amazing and who would forget the handsome prince that was Fiyero! Haha. The staging and the costumes were really something to see. Everything was just visually and auditorily spellbinding! Wicked, indeed!
Favorite shots:
"I'm through accepting limits
'Cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try I'll never know."
--- Defying Gravity, Wicked OST
No comments:
Post a Comment