Sunday, October 17, 2010

[Project 297] Week 32

10.11.10
Day 216: Dolphins Love Freedom


Ric O'Barry used to catch and train dolphins for the Flipper TV series. But the death of Cathy, one of his Flipper dolphins, turned him around. According to him, she committed suicide in his arms. For dolphins, every breath is a conscious effort. They can end their life if it becomes too unbearable by not taking the next breath. And that's what Cathy did. She took a breath and did not take another. That's when Ric realized that these creatures suffer when kept in captivity. From then on, he spent his years trying to tear down the industry he once helped build.

Every year, thousands of dolphins are being brutally slaughtered in a hidden cove in Taiji, Japan. A group of activists led by Ric was able to document these killings in a gripping film called "The Cove". To watch bleeding dolphins as they were being speared to death and to actually hear their agony is very disturbing and heartbreaking. :(

Inspired by the film's message, an artist named A.G. SaƱo aims to paint 23,000 dolphins on walls around the country to help raise awareness and protest their capture and killing. The above photo is one of his murals painted on a concrete wall along C5 road.

Have a minute? Help save the dolphins by signing this online petition. :)

10.12.10
Day 217: Birthday Boy


Happy birthday, Furanzu! So how does it feel to be a quarter century old? Hehe. Have a great one! :*

10.13.10
Day 218: Darkness Falls


I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm afraid of what lies within it. Like the Boogeyman. Or Jocelyn Wildenstein.

10.14.10
Day 219: UNO Stacko


Sometimes it feels like a game of UNO Stacko. I laugh and have a good time trying to stack the blocks as high as I could only to watch it fall into a messy heap on the floor. :(

"Nahihilo, nalilito
Nasan ba ko sayo?
Aasa ba ko sayo?"
--- Migraine, Moonstar88


10.15.10
Day 220: G1 Night Only


A star-studded night of singing, dancing, drinking and bonding at Sala, Center Stage. Winner talaga sina Usher and Medwin! Haha.

10.16.10
Day 221: Bag Tags


Weeee! Got my free bag tags from KLM Royal Dutch Airlines! And it's a real treat to see my photos printed on them! Happiness! :)

10.17.10
Day 222: Little Angels


Went to CRIBS Foundation with some of my officemates to care for the babies there. They are all so cute and oh so adorable! How could their parents abandon these little angels?! I only spent an hour carrying them and playing with them but when I got home, I was so tired that I immediately fell asleep the moment I hit the bed. Haha.

4 comments:

  1. @Dolphins Love Freedom
    - Grabe talaga yan... Kakaawa:-( Patayin yung mga taong yan!

    @Birthday Boy
    - Thanks!:* Pressured!!! Hahah Joke:p

    @Bag Tags
    - Nakuha ko na din yung sa akin pero yung isa wala pa:-s Sana sa ibang airline din magkaron:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dolphins Love Freedom:
    Unga e, kawawa mga dolphins. :(
    Nyaha. Wag naman patayin, bad din un.. :P

    @Bag Tags:
    Sana madami tau nagawang bag tags. Hihi. Sayang.

    ReplyDelete