Day 202: H2O
Theme: Chakra Element - Water.
Water breathes life to the world. But it is also a force capable of great destruction.
It's been a year since Ondoy happened and thankfully, I could say that our humble city has fully recovered from the devastating flood and is now standing strong. Sadly though, our country remains unprepared for such disasters. Thousands of families are still living under bridges or atop open sewers and majority of our drainage systems and waterways are still clogged.
I can't help but think, what if another Ondoy hits the country? Heaven forbid, but what if?
09.28.10
Day 203: One Earth
Theme: Chakra Element - Earth.
Freak weather conditions and natural disasters of unprecedented magnitude. We have experienced the adverse effects of global warming and climate change and according to many scientists, we ain't seen nothing yet. We will continue to experience these calamities with greater intensity and frequency if we don't drastically reduce our carbon dioxide emissions. And that doesn't mean we have to stop breathing. Hehe.
Small changes in our lifestyle could help reduce our carbon footprint. Switching off the lights when not needed, unplugging appliances when not in use and taking public transportation to reduce fuel consumption. You can even go a step further and plant a tree! :)
We only have one Earth. Let's take good care of it.
09.29.10
Day 204: Dreaming Out Loud
Theme: Chakra Element - Fire.
It all started with a dream. A part of our house was on fire. There were no firemen, no sirens. There was just me, trying to put out the flames with an empty bucket of water. Woke up feeling exhausted and defeated. I wanted to shake the feeling off but my attempts were futile.
I googled what my dream meant and according to one site, the fire could represent danger, anger, passion, pain or fear. I thought of my family. I thought of work. I thought of people in authority. People who misuse their authority. People who squeeze the life out of others. People who are not only blowing their own horns but who are blowing it too loudly. I thought a lot and I realized what the fire meant.
A fire is only alive as long as it burns. And just when I'm about to put it out, someone comes along with a gallon of fuel. Ugh.
09.30.10
Day 205: Upwords
Theme: Chakra Element - Thought.
I think, therefore I am.
10.01.10
Day 206: Hear My Photo
Theme: Chakra Element - Sound.
One of the things I want to achieve is to be able to communicate sound through a photograph. Am I successful in doing so? Did I make you cringe?
10.02.10
Day 207: Ako Ay May Lobo
Theme: Chakra Element - Air.
A brass sculpture mixed with color-saturated glass balloons by the greatness that is Michael Cacnio. How I wish I could own at least one of his works.
See more of his Balloons series here.
10.03.10
Day 208: God Is Light
Theme: Chakra Element - Light/Dark.
And in Him there is no darkness at all.
"Teach me to trust in You with all of my heart
To lean not on my own understanding
Coz I just forget
You won't give me what I can't bear."
--- Take Me Out Of The Dark, Gary V.
@H20
ReplyDelete- Waw! Ang galing ng shot:D
@One Earth
- Parang ung sa wall-e... Hihih
@Upwords
- Ahhh yan pala yun... Ehehe...
@Hear My Photo
- Masakit sa kuko yan... Heheh... Hindi ako masyado na "cringe" sa ganyan. Even yung sa plato. Ehehe:p
@Ako Ay May Lobo
- Glass ba yung lobo?
@God is Light
- I Agree:D
@H2O:
ReplyDeleteHehe. Thanks! Madayang shot yan. Hirap tyempuhan e. ;))
@One Earth:
Aba uu nga noh! Di ko naicp un ah. Hehe.
@Upwords:
Yup. Yan nga yun, play natin minsan. Masaya.
@Hear My Photo:
Ah tlga? Kht sa kinikiskis na styro? Waah. Kakangilo.
@Ako Ay May Lobo:
Yup. Glass xa, check mo yung iba nia pang gawa. Angaling!
@One Earth
ReplyDelete- Hehe... Tapos nasa shoes din... Haha:D
@Hear My Photo
- Yup! Hindi masyado... Hehehe:p
@Ako Ay May Lobo
- Unga ang ganda... San meron nyan?
@One Earth:
ReplyDelete- Pizza plant?! Haha.
@Ako Ay May Lobo:
Isa don sa mga art galleries sa Megamall..
...lumipad sa langit...
ReplyDeletedi ko na nakita...
pumutok na pala...
...Sayang ang pera ko...
ReplyDeleteBinili ng lobo...
Sa pagkain sana...
Nabusog pa ako!
Hahah. Mga trip sa buhay! :P