Day 174: Medical Cliché
Theme: Health Is Wealth.
Getting sick can be very expensive. The cost of a check-up plus the cost of medicines plus the cost of hospitalization... You do the math. To a common Juan, these expenses can be quite daunting. So what can Juan do? Simple. Live a healthy lifestyle. Throw away the bad habits like smoking and drinking. Eat right. Exercise regularly. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. And don't forget the vitamins. As the cliché goes, prevention is better than cure. And it's a lot cheaper too. :)
08.31.10
Day 175: Masarap Inumin Lasang Ovaltine
Theme: Health Is Wealth.
"Great things start from small beginnings..."
For breakfast, I had a bowl of banana with nuts and Milo, Stresstabs, Centrum and Cecon. I call this the breakfast of champions. Hehe. Milo everyday, everyday oh-kay. Wait, I think I mixed that up. Nyaha.
09.01.10
Day 176: Rain, Rain, Go Away!
Been raining hard for three nights now. Traffic was choked in many places. It took us 3 hours from Makati to Marikina. ARGH. Kumikitid ba ang kalsada kapag umuulan?! Wehe.
09.02.10
Day 177: Sunshine Buddy
While I was busy doing some overtime work, Franz was busy playing some time-killer games at Timezone. And he was finally able to win this cute solar-powered orange guy from the Prize Cube! Cuteness! Hehe. :)
09.03.10
Day 178: It's so FLUFFFYYY!!!
After months of anticipation, I finally got to watch Despicable Me. It was a cute kiddie movie. There were times though that I almost fell asleep and I have to thank Agnes for keeping me awake. Hehe. I swear, she is the most adorable little girl, EVER! My eyes are totally glued on her every time she's on screen. Watching every twitch of her face, every look in her eyes, every sound she makes... God, I'd adopt her if she were real! She's soooo cute, I'm gonna die! Hehe. The minions were pretty entertaining too. Annoying at times, yes, but mostly entertaining. I wonder who's voicing them. Hehe.
09.04.10
Day 179: These Three Remain
Went to visit Drew with Meds and JM. It was really heart-breaking to see him in such a critical condition. Very far from his usual fun, lively and happy self. His mom told us that he fell into a coma last night. When one of the doctors arrived to check on Drew, her mom broke into tears. And that's something I could hardly bear. Felt a surge of emotions run through me. Feelings of sadness, of pity, of disappointment, of anger. It's just that, his family needs all the help they can get right now and I felt that they're not getting enough help. I dunno, I guess God is yet to touch other people's hearts. The doctor talked to the mom outside the ward. He told her that Drew's condition isn't getting any better and that they just have to wait. I couldn't even begin to imagine how painful that was for her, to hear those words from the doctor's mouth. When even the doctors have given up, I wanna believe that these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love. Faith, not in what the doctor just said, not in what we will to happen, but faith in His plans for Drew and his life.
Dear God, I'm lifting Drew up to You right now. Please lay Your healing hands on him. I also pray for his family, especially for his mom. Please give them the strength that they need and may they find comfort in Your presence.
Drew, hang tough. May lakad pa tayo diba? At sabi mo may ikkwento ka pa samen ni Meds..
09.05.10
Day 180: Orange You Glad?
Theme: Health Is Wealth.
So far, I've been successful at staying away from soda. With the exception of a regular Coke Zero I had last weekend for lunch. Screw fast food chains that don't offer an alternative to softdrinks other than water. Hehe. Nweiz, bought this bottle of orange juice from the supermarket. That's 10 freshly squeezed oranges in a bottle! I know I couldn't eat that much in one sitting. And boy am I glad I could just drink it. :)
@Medical Cliche
ReplyDelete- Nakakailang glasses of water ka sa isang araw?:p
Hehe...
@Masarap Inumin Lasang Ovaltine
- Anung tawag dyan sa food na yan? Saging na mei mani? Milo ang sabay? :-/
@Sunshine Buddy
- Cute noh!!!! Parang ako... Hehehe:p
@It's so Flufffyyy!!!
- Unga ang cute ni agnes. Cute mag-ballet... Hihihi...
@Orange You Glad?
- Kala ko ba hindi ka mahilig sa ganyan orange juice?
@Medical Cliche:
ReplyDelete- Hmmm, hindi ko alam e. Bsta hindi 8. Hehe.
@Masarap Inumin Lasang Ovaltine:
- Breakfast of Champions nga ang tawag ko jan. Masarap yan. Pramis. :)
@Sunshine Buddy:
Hmmm.. Cge n nga! Napanalunan mo yan e. Hehehe. :P
@It's so FLUFFFYY:
Super!!! Sana tlga magkaron ng toy na Agnes.. Bibili tlga akuuuu.. :">
@Orange You Glad?:
Fresh yan noh!!! Hindi yan Zesto or Big 250 or Jungle Juice or kung anu man. Walang halong preservatives at sugar at water. As in pure na orange juice lng. Parang sinipsip ko lng ung orange. Sarap!
@Medical Cliche
ReplyDelete- Hahaha:p
@Masarap Inumin Lasang Ovaltine
- Talaga!? Milo ang sabaw? hehehe...
@Sunshine Buddy
- Ahh ganun!?
@Orange You Glad?
- Hindi naman yung zesto o mga nasa tetrapack.... Ganyan din sunkist lang yung brand... Sabi mo nun ayaw mo... :p
@Masarap Inumin Lasang Ovaltine:
ReplyDeleteUu, talagang talaga. Minsan kapag mei oatmeal nilalagyan ko din. Actually, kht ano pde ilagay jan. Kung gusto mo din mag-bacon, egg, fried rice, isama mo n lng din jan. Halo halo lng. Wehe. :P
@Orange You Glad?
Ahhh, uu. Yoko din nun. Tingnan mo ingredients nun. Ma-sugar at ma-preservatives..
Naalala ko tuloy si Gary dito sa mga posts mo kringle Ü lalo na ang pag inom ng 8 glasses of water.
ReplyDeleteCharlie! Ur alive! Whaddap?!
ReplyDeleteBket naman si Gary ang naalala mo? Haha.
eto buhay parin, nag txt si jona sabi kita daw tayo sa sat kung pwede ka Ü eh kasi di ba di sya umiinom ng softdrinks or juice puro tubig lang :)
ReplyDeleteAy, wala ako dito s Pilipinas s mga darating na araw. Aku'y mangingibang bansa muna, bakasyon lng naman. Hehe.
ReplyDeleteAhh tama, Gary nga. "Healthy living" kuno. Haha.
Naks vacation :) sige sige enjoy your trip :) mag kikita parin tayo sa mata balang araw.
ReplyDeleteTAMA! Balang araw.. Hehe. Salamat! :)
ReplyDelete@rain rain go away:
ReplyDelete---baka dahil bumabagal ang sasakyan?
---baka dahil patay ang traffic lights. Masisira daw kasi, hehe
@its so fluffyyy!
---maganda daw yan sabi ng utol ko..
---meron kang kopya?...
@others:
---bukod sa healthy food, nag-eexercise ka ba? hehe
@Rain Rain Go Away
ReplyDeleteHahaha. Uu tama, nag-iingat kc cla at madulas ang daan. Senseless rant lng. :P
@It's So Fluffffy:
Yup, cute xa na movie. Wala p ko copy e, wala pang DVDrip hehe.
@Others:
Uu, kpg nde ako tinatamad nagbbike at tumatakbo ako.. Kpg nde ako tinatamad. Haha.