Sunday, May 09, 2010

[Project 297] Week 9

05.03.10
Day 55: Look Up


Coz every cloud has a silver lining. :)

05.04.10
Day 56: Pinoy Pride


We now have a handful of baller bands in different colors bearing different names at home. Took a photo of this particular baller not because I'm for Panday but just because of the slogan. Well, I really don't like the idea of celebrities running for Senate seats. What do they know about making laws? But I digress.

We Filipinos have survived many calamities and endured many tragedies as a nation. We may be one of the poorest countries, but we are also one of the happiest. Kaya naman...

Pinoy, ikaw ang idol ko. :)

05.05.10
Day 57: Malaya Ka Ba?


A couple of weeks ago, I had this conversation with a no-namer friend about the upcoming elections. When I asked who she's voting for, she said: "Wala pa. Wala pang sinasabi samen kung sino eh." What the hell? We have the right to vote for the candidates we choose! WE CHOOSE. Not the candidates that our "leaders" ram down our throats. Coz we are a free people, remember?

Today I've been hearing a lot about a political endorsement made by a religious group that practices block voting. I guess my no-namer friend finally has her list of circles to shade.

05.06.10
Day 58: Going Nuts


Mi favorito! Chocolate with almonds, ice cream with almonds, frozen yogurt with almonds... Happy happy tummy! Hehe. =P~

05.07.10
Day 59: Seeing Red.. And Orange


According to some people, voting for a candidate who is not winnable is a wasted vote. I beg to disagree.

First of all, the elections is not like a cockfight where you place your bet on the winnable cock. I don't think winnability should be a factor in deciding who to vote for. Just look at the candidate's track record and platform and from there, decide whether he's worthy of your vote or not. Second, who declares which candidates are winnable? Pulse Asia? SWS? We shouldn't be swayed by the results of these surveys. Coz it only represents a small percentage of the voting population. And who knows? These survey results may be manufactured. If you vote for the candidate you believe in, regardless of what the survey says, regardless of what the media feeds you, then your vote is not wasted. A wasted vote is the one you deny a deserving candidate just because he's not going to win anyway.

We are not just choosing between Villar and Aquino. I believe that there are other candidates who are more deserving. Our country does not need another politician who talks and talks. What we need is a leader who knows how to walk the talk. And I believe that Richard Gordon is the man for the job.

Yup, I want a "Dick" for a president. :)

05.08.10
Day 60: Silhouette


I just walked outside our house looking for something to shoot. Saw the tree's silhouette against my mom's blue tent. Wala lang. Haha.

05.09.10
Day 61: Forever 21


Honor your moms not only on Mother's day but ESPECIALLY on Mother's day. Happy mother's day to the world's most beautiful mom! We love you! :)

4 comments:

  1. @Day 59 - sabi ko na nga ba bading ka rin. mahilig ka sa "Dick Gordon". haha!!!

    i love your week 9 :-)
    happy mothers day to ur forever 21 mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bastush! Haha! Adick! Este, adik! =))
    Thanks thanks! Happy mom's day din to all ur moms! Hehe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. rellenong_bangus5/12/2010 2:51 PM

    wow!!! ganda ng mommy mo ha.. :)
    me pinagmanahan.. ehehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uu, mana kei lola.. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete