Friday, March 13, 2009

Mi Ultimo Dia En Tsukiden

The day started as mundane as can be. Boss Mags told me last week that he wouldn't give me any more tasks come Thursday so I could start packing my things (He could tell I have a lot. Hehe.) But I think it kinda escaped his mind coz he still got me working on the OSD test items until noon. Waha.

Had a lunch out with Roxie, Pril, Joji, Jozzel and Vince at Buddy's. Ordered our food in advance hoping that we wouldn't have to wait too long when we get there. Thank Heavens we got what we hoped for. As usual, we had sizzling sisig and lemon chicken on our table. And just for the sake of having a balanced diet, we also had chopsuey. Hehe.



Next came my most dreaded time of the day. Being a Friday, the entire 2nd BU had its afternoon briefing at the conference room. The different groups first reported on the current status of their projects. Then Boss Lowell said a couple of work-related announcements, which later segued into the announcement of my last working day with the company. Everyone was asked to give me a message, which felt kinda weird coz apart from the Denon team and a couple more faces, I don't really know most of them. Hehe. After they said their "thank you" and "good luck" messages, I was asked to say a few words as well. And really, a few words were all that managed to flow out of my mouth before everything simply started flowing through my tears. (Yihee! Sobrang cheeeeesy! Haha.) They tried to crack me up and when I somehow got a grip, they asked me to continue with what I was saying. I really didn't prepare anything so I was just there spitting things off the top of my head. I said something about my experiences with the VGS team, my first cup of Java, how much I would miss my friends and a lot of other things in Tsukiden - the camaraderie, the parties, the activities, and all that jazz.

After the afternoon briefing, Boss Mags told me that I could spend the rest of the day at the 31st floor office as soon as I check-in all the test documents that I created. As much as I would love to do that, I really didn't feel comfortable lounging around while everyone else had their noses buried in front of their monitors. So after I handed Ma'am She the collected budget for the 3pm promotion-slash-birthday-slash-last-day treat, I just went back down to fix my things.

Minutes before the 3pm break, Ma'am She told me that the pizzas still haven't arrived. And when it did finally arrive, the 3pm break was over. Ooops, my bad for ordering it late. Nyaha. Spent a couple of hours at the 31st floor saying my "goodbyes" and "thank yous" and taking pictures while trying to finish a slice of pizza. Hehe.



God, I'm gonna miss them all. T_T

Went back to my work station and continued packing my things. At around 6pm, Boss Mags announced a special 2nd BU meeting at the conference room. When I entered, a pleasant surprise welcomed me! Boxes of pizza and a yummy Black Forest cake from the Denon team were laid on the table! Awww, is it too late to retract my resignation?! Hehe. But seriously, I was really touched. To think that I've been with them for merely a month. It's just something that I didn't expect. Thank you soooo much! Really. :">



I've written a number of entries in this blog about friends resigning and how it saddens me to see them leave. Every entry made me think about my own last working day with the company. I've always thought that leaving would be difficult. And without a doubt, it is. It's hard to leave friends behind, familiar faces that always greet me with a smile and the work that I got used to doing. It was a leap out of my comfort zone. And in the midst of a global economic crisis, it was a risky move to make.

But priorities change, needs arise and opportunities do not sit around and wait for me to grab them. I accepted the offer with confidence that even when my bosses tried to talk me out of it, I stood firm on my decision. Now I just hope and pray that God is leading me and that I'm going where He wants me to.



Tsukiden will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you to everyone who made my three years stay happy and memorable. Doumo arigatou gozaimashita. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Always keep in touch sorority sister! hehe Mish na namin ikaw... ^_~

    ReplyDelete